Hikvision 7698NI-E2/8P - Problem Displaying All 4 Cameras in 2*2 Multiscreen

Reaction score
Hikvision 7608NI-SE2/8P - Problem Displaying All 4 Cameras in 2*2 Multiscreen

I'm new to NVRs, IP Cameras, and this forum... so I would appreciate any help!
I just installed 4 brand new Hikvision cameras and a new Hikvision 7608NI-SE2/8P. I bought it from Nelly's and used their free pre-configurations services, so all I had to do was hang the cameras and plug everything in. Everything works perfectly, except...

On 2*2 Multiscreen mode it only displays 3 of the 4 cameras. On the fourth quadrant is shows "No Resource". And it is not the same camera that drops out when I switch to another view and then back to 2*2 mode. It can be any of the four quadrants that displays "No Resource" when I switch to the 2*2 mode.
And in all other modes (1+5, 1=7, etc.) all four cameras appear.

The cameras are: 1 2CD2632F-I, and 3 2CD2032's.
From my internet research, I believe the multi-screen views are driven by the Substream configuration. The Substream configurations are all exactly the same for all four cameras with one small difference:
Stream Type: Video
Resolution: 352*240 (CIF)
Bitrate Type: Variable (here the 2632 has "Constant")
Video Quality: 4 out of 5 green bars
Frame Rate: Full Frame
Max Bitrate Mode: General
Max Bitrate (Kbps): 512
Max Bitrate Recommended: 768 (Kbps)

My Video Output Interface is set to VGA/HDMI and I'm connected via HDMI to a 1080P 27" television.
I doubt this is related, but I CAN see all 4 cameras at once in 2*2 mode when viewing through iVMS-4200 on my Mac.

I appreciate any help or ideas you could offer. I've googled and searched on this forum, but could not find a similar problem.
TwistyRoads

Last edited by a moderator:

Mel42

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sounds to me you have ran out of bandwidth.

Your title says "7698NI-E2" did you mean 7608NI-E2? On Nellys web site it shows they sell the 7608NI-SE2 (40Mbps)
this is not the same as the 7608NI-E2 (80Mbps).

Are you running all 4 cams main stream at 3mp? try turning the main stream quality down on a couple cams to 720p with lower bit and frame rate
and see if all 4 cams show up in the 2x2 screen, if they all show then you are running out bandwidth when you set all 4 cams to 3mp.

Reaction score
Mel42,
Yes, I meant 7608NI-SE2. Sorry for my typos, I have fixed it in my original title and post.
And thank you, your suggestion worked. I only had to turn down 1 of the cameras from 3mp to 1080P and the 2*2 view worked.
My take away is that the 2*2 view is actually sourced from the main streams, not the Substreams.
Thanks again,
TwistyRoads

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Twistyroads, I believe they fixed that feature in one of the newer firmwares. You may want to try upgrading the firmware and re-testing.

tone4441

n3wb
Reaction score
Mel42,
Yes, I meant 7608NI-SE2. Sorry for my typos, I have fixed it in my original title and post.
And thank you, your suggestion worked. I only had to turn down 1 of the cameras from 3mp to 1080P and the 2*2 view worked.
My take away is that the 2*2 view is actually sourced from the main streams, not the Substreams.
Thanks again,
TwistyRoads
Hi guys I am having the same problem at the moment and have no idea where to find the mainstream settings... Please help