Hikvision 7716N-E4/16P vs. 7716NI-E4/16P

vegas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I've been trying to find the difference between these two and can't find any info. I bought the N version, but can't find much info on it. Is it only Chinese, and they hacked it to have English? It seems the NI version has a 100MBPS incoming limit while the N version is showing 160...... Will the N version work with both Chinese and English cams?

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I've been trying to find the difference between these two and can't find any info. I bought the N version, but can't find much info on it. Is it only Chinese, and they hacked it to have English? It seems the NI version has a 100MBPS incoming limit while the N version is showing 160...... Will the N version work with both Chinese and English cams?
I have the same dilemma.
N or NI.
Ive been reading this forum for months. Uscam who i just bought 2x 4mp cameras off state their N works with the international cameras.
They are also telling me my chinese 4x cams with english firmware will work as well. But you really cant trust 100%.

Knowledgable people like alastair / fender seem to imply the 7808N and 7608N should work.

I believe the NI is international but a chance it may not work for chinese. I dont know for sure. Somewhere on this forum i thought someone posted a comparibility sheet which would be awesome.

I still havent made my nvr choice cause of all this issues in compatibility.

vegas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the same dilemma.
N or NI.
Ive been reading this forum for months. Uscam who i just bought 2x 4mp cameras off state their N works with the international cameras.
They are also telling me my chinese 4x cams with english firmware will work as well. But you really cant trust 100%.

Knowledgable people like alastair / fender seem to imply the 7808N and 7608N should work.

I believe the NI is international but a chance it may not work for chinese. I dont know for sure. Somewhere on this forum i thought someone posted a comparibility sheet which would be awesome.

I still havent made my nvr choice cause of all this issues in compatibility.
Ok thanks! If anything I think it might be the other way around. A lot of companies here in the US sell only the NI versions, where overseas only the N versions.

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey Vegas have you found out anymore. Yes looks like your right NI must be US or something, you think N is International ? That's would fit with the terminology the Ali vendor is using.

I posted a thread today asking if 760xN works with International English cams as well as Chinese hacked to English serial "CCH" cams.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Because Hikvision is a Chinese company, N is the China/local version, and NI is the export/international version.

The N models that you see usually have multilingual firmware installed anyways.

The difference in bandwidth could be 'fixed' by firmware, but not too sure.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
NI is International
N is Chinese

Both can be supplied with multi-language / English firmware.

Both can work with "International English" and "Chinese hacked to English" cameras.

- - - Updated - - -

^^^ what Michelin Man said too

msqr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What's the difference between 7616N-E4/16P and 7716N-E4/16P? They look the same..

vegas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@tradertim - No, the others are right. After reading what they put, I did more research and NI is the international version (sold in US as well), and N is the Chinese. Almost, not all, the cameras and NVR's sold on Ebay and AliExpress will be the Chinese versions with multi language firmware. What I would like to know is why does the international version of the 7716N-E4/16P have only 80Mbps incoming capability but the Chinese version has 160Mbps?

Last edited by a moderator:

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The 7600 series and 7700 series don't look the same at all. Have a look at the official Hikvision site.

The cameras on Ali and ebay generally (most of the time) are CCH region cameras. Whereas the NVRs will be both the NI and N versions. You can tell when it is the N version because it will be a lot cheaper than the NI version.

EG E&M had the 7608NI-E2/8P for I believe $395, where you could get a 7608N-E2/8P for about $250 from another popular seller.

The difference in bandwidth I believe is firmware related. I have not confirmed this myself but that seems to be the consensus.

The international version 7716NI is listed as 160mbps incoming bandwidth with I think 3.4.0 firmware, whereas the Chinese ones most likely have older firmware. Not sure on the 7700 series but for the 7600 it is this way.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Bandwidth rating is rubbish... as in mine is the same as the NI. Can't remember if that was the case before I updated the firmware, but probably.

If you are going to run 16 cameras all 4MP WDR then get 7732NI-E4/16P. It's expensive but so is 16x 4MP WD cameras!

vegas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Only 4 cams will be 4MP, the rest are 3MP.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So is there any point in going with the more expensive NI version?

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I believe one of the reasons to get the NI over the N is it is easier to update the firmware. But people have covered how to update a China region NVR.

Some sellers will even tell you to not update the NVR yourself.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When you say 4MP, which camera models do you mean? If you mean the WD range then get the NI. If you mean the xxx5 then get the N and keep your fingers crossed.

vegas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's the DS-2CD2042WD-I and I already bought it and the N NVR. So hopefully it works lol.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you want better bandwidth go with ds-7832n-E2 200mb and a lot cheaper.

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
NI is International
N is Chinese

Both can be supplied with multi-language / English firmware.

Both can work with "International English" and "Chinese hacked to English" cameras.

- - - Updated - - -

^^^ what Michelin Man said too
Hey Delboy do you have 1st hand experience with matching a NI NVR like the 7608NI-e2/p with BOTH

International cameras AND
Chinese CCH hacked with english ??

Im leaning towards the 7608NI instead of N.

But i have a mixture of cameras.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For the 100th time the NI WILL WORK with CCH cameras with english firmware that is exactly what I am running now.

Obviously there is no problems running international cameras with an international NVR.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hey Delboy do you have 1st hand experience with matching a NI NVR like the 7608NI-e2/p with BOTH

International cameras AND
Chinese CCH hacked with english ??

Im leaning towards the 7608NI instead of N.

But i have a mixture of cameras.
Yes I do but YMMV!

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can't change the NVR'S region only the working language,
But the Chinese version's do have better bandwidth my 7832n-e2 has 200mbps