Hikvision 7716NI-K4/16p power up issue

Reaction score
I have a new NVR and having an issue with power up. When the rear main switch is turned on the fans are working and front panel lights are illuminated. But when pressing the front top right red on/off button to boot up nothing happens other than fans and beeping sounds, no output to HDMI monitor. The indicator light below the red on/off button is still showing white. I have also tried using the remote control but no change. Am I doing something wrong or is it faulty. Thanks Peter

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
no output to HDMI monitor.
Maybe the monitor cannot handle the video resolution / frame rate, and there is no on-screen complaint.

Suggestion:
Assuming the NVR LAN port is connected to your router / switch, install SADP on a Windows PC that is also connected to your switch / router.
SADP Tool

See if SADP finds the NVR.
The PC IP address does not need to be changed for SADP to discover Hikvision devices.

A new device would normally show as 'Inactive', requiring you to 'Activate' it with your own strong password.
When you've done that, you can change the IP address if required, to suit your LAN requirements.
Then you can access the NVR web GUI using the IE11 browser, installing the webcomponents plugin as directed.
In the System settings of the web GUI, the VGA/HDMI output resolution can be changed.

Reaction score
Thanks Alastair, I am fairly new to NVR setups and networks so rather than connect to a network for a start I decided to just plug in an HD 1920x1080 monitor via HDMI cable and use a mouse to activate. As I said in my OP the power light does not change colour to green so I assumed it was not fully powering /booting up. I tried disconnecting the HDD to see if that made any difference but it did not. The NVR may be set to 4K by default? so I will retry with a 4k monitor this time and if that does not work will try installing SADP on laptop and connect to its LAN port. Initially I was planning to use the NVR with direct connected POE cams + monitor/mouse without connecting to a network for a few months. If you have any more thoughts on where I may be going wrong it would be appreciated. I will report back after test with 4K monitor. Thanks again Peter

Update: Yes Alastair connecting a 4K monitor worked. So NVR is now activated and been thro the wizard setup. Will try adding a new IP camera tomorrow and see how it goes. Thanks Peter

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Well done for getting there.
Don't feel daunted by hooking it up to the LAN, you'll find that quite useful.