Hikvision AcuSense Easy 4.0

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hikvision is releasing some new cameras labeled AcuSense Easy 4.0. Currently available in 4mp and 2mp variants. They are marketed as low light cameras "powered by DarkFighter".
According to some youtube marketing material, these cameras will come with two interesting features.

1) A no plugin required web interface which many folks have been asking for.
2) A claim that the camera can reduce false alarms by classifying objects such as people, cars " false alarm filter by target classification". This can be used with or without a supporting NVR. If used with a compatible NVR, you can also search recorded video for objects based on classification. Hikvision AI "deep learning" has not tested well at IPVM so dont hold your breath.

EasyIP 4.0 Network Camera AcuSense 4MP - Hikvision

No plugin firmware has been reported before - dont know if it actually made it into their 3.0 or 2.0 cams. New Hikvision firmware no plugin required available for some cams

Last edited:

dpssl

n3wb
Reaction score
Got a 2mp Acusense Camera. They are freaking awesome. think i will replace my old darkfighters with that. My iphone wasnt able to fetch anything. looked like dusk, but it was completely dark.

comparsion.jpg

JPColin

n3wb
Reaction score
Got a 2mp Acusense Camera. They are freaking awesome. think i will replace my old darkfighters with that. My iphone wasnt able to fetch anything. looked like dusk, but it was completely dark.

View attachment 38323
Did you test the "people intrustion detection" ?
ould you write a review anpost some screenshots in the dark?
wich model do you have?

dpssl

n3wb
Reaction score
look above. i already post screenshots. Got some problems with the smart intrusion detection. Still testing.

Max001

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do your cams need a browser plugin (in order to change all settings)?

dpssl

n3wb
Reaction score
Most settings work without plugin. "Playback" and "image search" is missing for example.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Got some problems with the smart intrusion detection.
Interesting. Be curious to see your thoughts on this after you've had awhile to tune/play with it. To me, it looks like the low-light capabilities are about the same as the Dahua Starlights (.005 min lux, although Hik doesn't mention the shutter speed like Dahua does)... it's the "AcuSense" part that I'm really interested in.

You're probably going to get a ton of questions from folks here (since you're the first here with this camera). Thanks for your time and sharing your findings! :)

dpssl

n3wb
Reaction score
got it since december. but hadn't the time to review it :)
would love to help others with that.

dpssl

n3wb
Reaction score
to be more specific: people / car detection is working very good. i had 0 fault alerts after 3 days, but i can´t tell if 100% of the people have been detected. Right at the moment i got some problems with the alerts. eMail is working perfekt, but FTP and NAS Image recording with smart events isnt working. received a new firmware today. In a different thread i´m trying to fetch the smart detections by BlueIris NVR. At the moment i got also no success there.

Defcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I thought these cams aren’t out till the end of March?

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Does the DS-2CD2346G1-I have a built in mic? Looked at the specs and can’t see it mentioned ?