Hikvision AcuSense PCI-B18Z2S

Bill Stock

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the Hikvision AcuSense PCI-B18Z2S camera?

I gather it has a motorized lens, but it doesn't say so in the description, like it does for the non-IDS version.

I know it's POE, but I don't see any pictures showing the actual connection. I saw a video of the non-IDS version and the POE connection seemed to be screw connections. It was not conclusive from the video.

It says the audio In/Out are 3.5 mm, but there are no pictures of these connections, and I don't see an accessory for these connections.

It says the minimum illumination for color is 0.003 lux. I gather this is with the white lights turned on because the Non-IDS camera has the same IR array, but the minimum illumination for color is .01 lux. I assume these lights are like the lights on the ColorVu camers; i.e. likely to annoy the neighbors?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the Hikvision AcuSense PCI-B18Z2S camera?
No, but from looking at the product specs and the data sheet :

I gather it has a motorized lens, but it doesn't say so in the description, like it does for the non-IDS version.
It's listed as a varifocal, with this zoom range :
2.7 mm to 13.5 mm: horizontal FOV 108.1° to 45.5°, vertical FOV 58.4° to 25.7°,
diagonal FOV 127.3° to 52.1°

I know it's POE, but I don't see any pictures showing the actual connection.
PoE is supplied via the ethernet cable.

It says the audio In/Out are 3.5 mm, but there are no pictures of these connections, and I don't see an accessory for these connections.
My guess, based on various references in the data sheet, is that it would have one of these types of terminal block in the base :

IMG_20221016_093851.jpg

It says the minimum illumination for color is 0.003 lux. I gather this is with the white lights turned on because the Non-IDS camera has the same IR array, but the minimum illumination for color is .01 lux. I assume these lights are like the lights on the ColorVu camers; i.e. likely to annoy the neighbors?
The data sheet mentions that it has 60m IR illuminators, not white light, with a pretty good sensor for the low-light sensitivity :
Minimum Illumination 0.003 Lux @ (ƒ/1.6, AGC on), 0 Lux with IR on
Image Sensor 1/1.8'' Progressive Scan CMOS

Bill Stock

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, a picture on eBay matches yours.

What type of audio device works with this? I've seen the Hikvision Mic, but it's not terminated. I know, I can add a 3.5mm plug. I was actually looking for a more discrete Mic.

I could buy a ColorVu with the built-in Mic, but this area is right beside the neighbors, so I wanted a narrower FOV.

Bill Stock

n3wb
Reaction score
You'd need to be very sure you have enough non-IR illumination for that to be a valid choice.
Thanks Alistair,

The one location I have in mind has motion controlled lights, but it's based on an ISY994, so there is some delay. I could either leave the lights on or go with a motion controlled mini flood if more light is required.

I'll likely stick with the original option for the other location.

Reaction score
So it appears that this camera may come in a G3 and G5 version without submodel differentiation. The US Hikvision website indicates that there is a G3 and a G5 firmware for this camera. I just picked up a used one with a build date of May 2022, and it will only accept the G3 version. The equivalent international version is model # DS-2CD3686G2-IZS, and it comes in a G3 (EOL'ed) and G5 version. Kinda lame for the US model to not have the differentiation. I plan to call US Hikvision on Monday to confirm.

Reaction score
So it appears that this camera may come in a G3 and G5 version without submodel differentiation. The US Hikvision website indicates that there is a G3 and a G5 firmware for this camera. I just picked up a used one with a build date of May 2022, and it will only accept the G3 version. The equivalent international version is model # DS-2CD3686G2-IZS, and it comes in a G3 (EOL'ed) and G5 version. Kinda lame for the US model to not have the differentiation. I plan to call US Hikvision on Monday to confirm.
ok, so I'll answer my own question. There are G3 and G5 versions of this camera. I bought a second one of these cameras, and it was manufactured in July 2022 and is a G5 version, so the transition from G3 to G5 takes place either in June 2022 or July 2022. G3 version have SN starting with K017 while G5 versions have SN starting with K303. The G5 will take the more updated firmware that is available for the DS-2C3686G2-ISZ. The newer firmware has several important features such as SFTP. I remain continually puzzled about why Hikvision often doesn't track the US camera firmwares with the rest of the world.