Hikvision and Blue iris server

lynxnebi

n3wb
Reaction score
Please help me. I am unable to connect to the blue iris webserver. I am using a Hikvision camera. I am able to connect remotely to the hikvision software, but not the blue iris.

Hikvision is using the port 8080 which I can connect remotely to just fine. I selected blue iris to use port 8888. Whenever i try doing externalIp:8888 it wont work, but if i do externalip:8080 i connect to hikvision just fine...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@lynxnebi Welcome to the forum. What app or browser are you using to test the remote connection for blue iris?
Have you tested the port via canyouseeme.org?
Have you temporarily disabled the firewall to see if its blocking access?
Can you connect to the blue iris server locally on the same network?

lynxnebi

n3wb
Reaction score
@lynxnebiWelcome to the forum. What app or browser are you using to test the remote connection for blue iris?
Have you tested the port via canyouseeme.org?
Have you temporarily disabled the firewall to see if its blocking access?
Can you connect to the blue iris server locally on the same network?
Thank you so much for the speedy reply, thanks for the welcome also. I am using firefox. Canyouseeme.org says that my selected port is closed. I know how to port forward, I have Hikvision streaming outside my network just fine, I can view my cameras remotely. I have tried to setup DMZ settings for the machine hosting blue iris to no avail. Which leads me to believe maybe I have a wrong setting setup on blue iris...I can view blue iris stream locally.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the speedy reply, thanks for the welcome also. I am using firefox. Canyouseeme.org says that my selected port is closed. I know how to port forward, I have Hikvision streaming outside my network just fine, I can view my cameras remotely. I have tried to setup DMZ settings for the machine hosting blue iris to no avail. Which leads me to believe maybe I have a wrong setting setup on blue iris...I can view blue iris stream locally.
post an image of your webserver settings and your port forward settings in your router (make sure to remove your wan address when you post)...also check your firewall, disable the firewall on the windows machine to see if its blocking it.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
And please do not leave your BI machine in a DMZ for any length of time if you are not clear on what it means to put a machine into a DMZ. This is not a recommended thing for anyone to do with their BI server.

You do want to properly configure your router to port forward to your BI machine however, so we will wait to see your screenshots of settings...

lynxnebi

n3wb
Reaction score
I only placed it in DMZ for a moment to test if the router was blocking it. DMZ means no protection, door is open for everyone. I took the screenshots. I hope this is all that is needed.

Here is a picture of the blue iris server settings, how I have hikvision setup, and the ports forwarded. 192.168.2.1 is my router's local IP, 192.168.2.2 is Hikvision local IP. Thank you for the help!

Attachments

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You have to forward port 8888 for BI to your BI server address which looks to be 192.168.2.19. It looks like you have it forwarded to the local IP of 192.168.2.1 which is your router's IP. So when you access http://yourexternalIP:8888 you are asking it to go to your router. You want to point to the server.

lynxnebi

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Definitely a step closer but still, I am unable to access the blue iris server externally..Only internal. Hikvision remains accessible externally and internal.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Definitely a step closer but still, I am unable to access the blue iris server externally..Only internal. Hikvision remains accessible externally and internal.
post your new settings for your router..

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That looks correct. Now lets make sure your access method is sound:

1) Are you using the BI phone app? If not, what are you using to access from outside your network?
2) Do you have a user created in your BI Options with the correct accesses to you BI server?
3) Are you making sure to use case sensitive user name and password when trying to login remote?

Answer to these is next step...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Check the secure only box. In the user setting make sure that lan only is not checked...have you temporarily disabled the firewall to see if its blocking anything?

lynxnebi

n3wb
Reaction score
Ruppmeister, 1)I am using my externalIP:8888 to attempt to access the login page. I tried it on a phone that isn't connected via wifi and the computer hosting the server. 2)The login works fine within the LAN, I don't even get a login option outside the lan.
I turned off ALL firewalls on my computer...Only one was the default microsoft one.

lynxnebi

n3wb
Reaction score
Well I fixed it! All of your help was very useful though. I decided to change the port to 9000. I don't know why 8888 was no good...Nothing is using it. Wait, I think I messed that port up with a port forward range. 8080:8999 all forwarded to the hikvision camera. Thu port 8888 was not available for my local machine.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe I didn't catch that you had the port already in use under your first rule. Glad you got it all figured out.