Hikvision and SmartPSS

skusku

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello

Can anybody please help me.

Purchased a Hikvision DS-2CD2012-I.
The camera works with IVMS-4200 which it came with.
Problem is this camera adds to another 33 cameras which is a Casey DVR system, running
on PSS on Windows. One of the other cameras is a IP camera and works with PSS aswell.

To be honest IVMS is not that user friendly and PSS is much better.
I tried installing the Hikvision camera on PSS but I just get a timeout. If I change
the IP address then I get the error "cannot find network host". Which means the program
is getting some information.

Camera is updated to the latest firmware out of the box V5.2.0 build 140721.

I tried Smart PSS as well which is even better.

Hoping it is only a setting I am missing?
Changed the IP address to 192.168.0.xxx range.
Port changed to correspond with the rest of cameras:37777 (in the hikvision setup as
well as Smart PSS.
Username and password is correct as well in the software.

Setting which I don't know if it might be the gateway or even something to do with the
network Workgroup which needs to be set perhaps.

Any advice will be appreciated.
Just need one program which can handle both systems and IP cameras.

Is there any specific setting I need to change in HIKVISION setup in order for SmartPSS to pick up
the camera?
All settings as seen on the screenshot is how it is setup in hikvision setup via browser.
Please help....
Kind Regards

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum...PSS will only run dahua cameras...if you have 33 others...sell/return the hikvision and buy a dahua.

skusku

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum...PSS will only run dahua cameras...if you have 33 others...sell/return the hikvision and buy a dahua.
Is there no alternate solution?
Also I see on google that people are running Hikvision cameras on the PSS? Or did I misread this?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there no alternate solution?
Also I see on google that people are running Hikvision cameras on the PSS? Or did I misread this?
I have not seen that possible..if you post the link you are referring to it would help..
The only way i am aware of doing this is to use a dahua NVR, then plug the hikvision camera into the NVR...this will allow you to stream to pss...however that is a waste of money..its cheaper just to use a dahua camera.

skusku

n3wb
Reaction score
The cameras has been bought a few months ago and I could never get them to work. Then the December holidays started and I now restarted the task of getting them to work.
The Hikvision NVR DS-7716: Will I be able to plug the hikvision IP cameras I have into any network switch located around the factory or do I need to run the cable directly from the camera to the NVR. Other NVR's has only 1 or 2 ethernet ports even though it is a 16 channel NVR, thus I understand that it can be done this way. But with the Hikvision NVR having the exact amount of ethernet ports as to the amount it can handle worries me a bit. I just want to know before going this route.

With that NVR will I be able to remotely view from a local pc as well as an outside pc and even an android cellphone? is Dyndns address included for external Ip or another method?

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes you can plug into any network connection.
Yes you can remote view..you will need to port forward and use some dynamic dns...hikvision offers a free service.