Hikvision AR324-8 DVR Chrome support

Zachi

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone know if there is a way to install Google Chrome, or Safari plugin, in order to view the cameras with the unbranded Hikvision AR324-8?

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Probably not. Most modern web browsers do not support plugins at all, only lightweight extensions that can barely do more than an ordinary web page can do.

Zachi

n3wb
Reaction score
Probably not. Most modern web browsers do not support plugins at all, only lightweight extensions that can barely do more than an ordinary web page can do.
Thank you. This is limitation of the Hikvision DVR model? It will be the same thing with a newer NVR system from Hikvision?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
it is not a limitation of the cameras or the NVR. It is a security enhancement of the browsers, they do not allow pugings. Much newer cameras and NVRs MAY provided a HTML 5 interface.

You can try palemoon32 or internet explorer (ie 11) browsers .

Last edited:

Zachi

n3wb
Reaction score
it is not a limitation of the cameras or the NVR. It is a security enhancement of the browsers.

You can try palemoon32 or internet explorer (ie 11) browsers .
I know that it's working fine on explorer but I need it for a Mac user.

StewartM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Running LocalServicesComponents.exe (the new plugin) and the highlighted below in play, FF and Chrome are finally fully functional.
upload_2019-6-2_0-22-46.png

Zachi

n3wb
Reaction score
Running LocalServicesComponents.exe (the new plugin) and the highlighted below in play, FF and Chrome are finally fully functional.
View attachment 43055
Thank you. The one my friend uses is DVR, and it called "Brown Box" non branded DVR that uses Hikvision software inside. I can't find the right firmware that match that DVR, but when I clicking on the update button I get a message "The current version is the latest.

Attachments

Last edited:

mycatjest

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hi where did u pick up the latest firmware from - i have a DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P, and hadnt seen a new FW out?

thanks