HIKVISION camera blury

Reaction score
Hi,

This weekend I installed a new camera, when I tested the camera the image was ok however after a few hours of operation the picture became blury, see attached. Does anyone has ideas how I can improve image or I need to replace the camera altogether? It’s a hikvision 4MP camera... It has been raining a lot in the past weeks, is sunshine the solution ?

Thanks in advance for your ideas :)

Attachments

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can you look at the lens, is there condensation on the inside?

Reaction score
I looked at the lens and it’s no visible condensation. I also read it could be a plastic protection on the lens but could not find any. Night vision is very bad :) tried a factory reset but did not help...

I chooses this mount position as I thought it soule be protected by the roof, but is there a disadvantage that this mount gives more condensation?

Thanks for your help

Attachments

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Oh, that's because you've got your camera too close to the eve. The IR light is reflecting off of the piece of wood in front of it back into the camera. Lower it down an inch and you'll be good.

Hang it from the top of the eve instead of the side of it. Put a few pieces of treated wood for it to hang on so it will clear the eve, or put it on the other side so it's not in the way at all.

Reaction score
Looking at the photos attached you can see the image is ok in the morning and get worse as the day gets along, can also see the quality of the early images is better than Sunday, so hopefully the problem will be gone in a few days :)

Attachments