Hikvision Camera Chinese Hack no more?

aapanju

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just spoke to the lady in China who supplied me cameras earlier and she said that from now the chinese cameras cannot be hacked to english.... is this some new rule implemented or Hikvision stopping chinese dealers from doing that....

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

montecrypto

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think it is purely a legal crackdown and it has nothing to do with hardware security. All EMV-enabled cameras that I have access to, including G0, where both firmware and bootloader are signed, are customizable and convertible into English. The G0 signature mechanism is very easy to bypass because of grossly incompetent development. Hikvision should send their coders to some basic public/private crypto training, and ask whomever designed the signature mechanism to get on top of the highest building in Hangzhou and jump into the morning smog. It is really that bad.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hikvision should send their coders to some basic public/private crypto training, and ask whomever designed the signature mechanism to get on top of the highest building in Hangzhou and jump into the morning smog. It is really that bad.
lol

tr098a

n3wb
Reaction score
still can get them, because hikvision can't be posted online now. that is it.
some sellers are still listing some "multi language" hikvision cameras but not other models

Hasn't this happened several times before where aliexpress removes or bans hikvision cameras then the same stores just start selling them again?

Last edited:

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
They won't stop , it's almost laughable telling them not too do anything ! Just as in past you won't see "Hikvision" on the cameras or blurred out but, they will typically arrive with the logo on.

Steve tried to tell them don't copy my products so they built a whole store.

Last edited:

tr098a

n3wb
Reaction score
They won't stop , it's almost laughable telling them not too do anything ! Just as in past you won't see "Hikvision" on the cameras or blurred out but, they will typically arrive with the logo on.
Xinray have removed all of their chinese bullet cameras, the only ones they have left are the international 4MP

there is something going on

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I see some multi's but, if there is a shortage of one type wait a bit then poof more or the bullets are been killed by turrets.

XinRay Store - Small Orders Online Store, Hot Selling mounting brackets for cars,brackets steel,mount tv bracket and more on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Update: seems the bullet is wee bit harder to find then normal but well see and at US prices they wont sell any

Shop hik bullet camera online Gallery - Buy hik bullet camera for unbeatable low prices on AliExpress.com - Page 2

Last edited:

h_2_o

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I went to purchase some 4mp turret cameras from aliexpress and both of my suppliers said they are not getting hacked cameras any more but would sell the 3mp ones for basically the same price I can get cameras here in the us for. Any idea if this is going to let up any time soon?

edit: I should also mention that the multilanguage cameras were still listed in their stores and they showed quantities available but still said they were out and no longer available.

aapanju

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
China cracks down lol

Defender666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yes some seller also told me now they have 0 stock left. Now one could crack new productions line.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Seems something is up now even Xinray not showing all the 3mp multi , man Trump must have pissed them off, wait till you see your prices of things sky rocket for you U.S boys once he shuts borders lol.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Seems something is up now even Xinray not showing all the 3mp multi , man Trump must have pissed them off, wait till you see your prices of things sky rocket for you U.S boys once he shuts borders lol.
Yes.. Keep a trade imbalance so that folks can buy cheap cameras.. Shutting holes in the border is a great thing.. Now back to reality..This is all hikvisions doing... There are no issues with dahua cameras availability but for the shortage of starlight from some seller's due to strong sales..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I suppose with all the Hikvision 3mp sold out would equate to a strong demand as well.
yes because that is all that is left since there is no more 4mp availability...big difference....point is this has nothing to do with politics dispute your stupid jab at trump just because....hikvision doesn't want a flood of cheap china cams..they got what they wanted and trashed their reputation by doing so instead of focusing on solid firmware...lets see what dahua does....for now dahua is providing a superior product and not bricking cams in the process..

aapanju

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yes because that is all that is left since there is no more 4mp availability...big difference....point is this has nothing to do with politics dispute your stupid jab at trump just because....hikvision doesn't want a flood of cheap china cams..they got what they wanted and trashed their reputation by doing so instead of focusing on solid firmware...lets see what dahua does....for now dahua is providing a superior product and not bricking cams in the process..
So chinese Dahua cams still available?