HIKVISION Camera Configuration...browser issues

Reaction score
Hi,
I prefer to configure my HIKVISION cameras using a web browser, either directly to the cameras or through the NVR.

I started with FIREFOX and then it no longer worked. I moved to IE, and now that no longer works. In desperation I loaded SEAMONKEY browser and that still works. For how long, I'm not sure.

As I understand FIREFOX and IE browsers no longer support WebComponents plug in because of security issues.

What is HIKVISION'S suggestion for a web browser ? I've used IMS4200 application but I don't really care for it.

ronald1090

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
you can use the IE 32bit. this browser works well.The Browser is in programs(x86).

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I did locate IE in x86 directory under Windows 10, but it has the same problem as 64 but version.
Seamonkey is still working for me.
Regards,
Brian

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try the palemoon 32 bit browser.

You can actually configure most cameras with chrome or IE you just can not see any pictures or video.

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. As you say I am able to make adjustments to the cameras using Firefox and IE.
I did find that SeaMonkey browser does still support WebComponents, so at least for now I can evaluate all capabilities of the cameras using this browser.

Just curious how do you make adjustments to your cameras ?