Hikvision camera disconnected and can not connect again

Emil47

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I use cameras Hikvision DS-2CD2420F

All of them worked fine, just yesterday one of them disconected and can not connect again to program iVMS-4200 where I am watching.

Actually I can see in router that camera is connected to local network and also camera is lighting like everything is ok.

iVMS-4200 is writing that username or password is wrong, but it is not actaully.

Can anybody help me?

One thing I just realised - 7 working cameras seems like 2017 version - there is code IW2017... in model number.
This problematic camera has code IW2016... Is somehow possible that iVMS stopped support of older cameras?

Thanks for any help

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Remove the camera from IVMS software and then reinstall. Did you do a firmware update on the camera or IVMS?

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
iVMS-4200 is writing that username or password is wrong, but it is not actaully.
Do you have any remote access, such as port-forwarding, set up for the camera?

Suggestion:
Try connecting to the camera with a browser (ideally IE11), confirm you get the logon screen, and use your known password.
If that says 'password incorrect' try 1111aaaa and asdf1234 as the passwords.

Dwellonroof

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My xc-2342wdi got locked out after I disabled it last night because of the snow.
After working on it all day I came across this and I now can acess the camera but cannot change the password

Dwellonroof

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you using the IE11 browser, with the Hikvision webcomponents plugin installed and enabled?
Sorry I didn’t answer right away
I did finally get my password changed back to what I had it at before Hikvision somehow changed it and locked me out.
I did contact Hikvision about it and they said the provided serial number of the device is not from our USA/Canada authorized distributor.
So you will need to go back to your point of purchase for support.
I’m thinking I purchased it off Amazon but at least it’s up and running but I don’t know how I got locked out to begin with.