Hikvision Camera unable to reset password

longpants

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys, im having issue with resetting the password of my Hikvision DS-2CD3326WD-I china version... Already had the hikvision team to provide the key file but it is coming out with "Failed to reset password. Other: 2022."

I am suspecting this is due to the difference Default gateway between my router (192.168.88.1) vs the ip camera (192.168.1.1). Does the gateway issue cause the issue of IP camera setting?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
What does SADP show for the version of firmware?
If it's earlier than 5.4.41, then the @bp2008 updated reset tool here should work : Hikvision camera admin password reset tool
Alternatively if that doesn't work, for the firmware older than 5.4.41, you could extract the configuration file using the browser with this URL :
http://<camera_IP_address>/System/configurationFile?auth=YWRtaW46MTEK
zip it up and attach here and I can extract the password for you.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The problem is the camera IP address is not assigned by the router. I’m not sure whether this is the one that is causing me to have the 2022 error
Strange that you can see NVR PoE interface IP addresses with SADP.
Do you have a looped cable connection from an NVR PoE port to your LAN switch / router?

SADP shows it has old enough firmware for the Hikvision backdoor to be present, assuming that model of camera is similarly vulnerable as many others are.
Normally, to reach that camera web GUI using the PC, you'd need to set the PC IP address to one on the same range as the NVR PoE ports, for example 192.168.254.200 and then connect the PC to a spare NVR PoE port.

longpants

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes. I usually looped the NVR to the LAN since the cameras require POE while the router can't provide poe. I use this setup for when I would want to change the settings of the camera after enabling DHCP on each camera over SADP. But now i am having issue to reach on the second camera highlighted because I can't seem to enable the DHCP without the correct password

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
But now i am having issue to reach on the second camera highlighted because I can't seem to enable the DHCP without the correct password
Suggestion :
Maybe the NVR set the password, using its own, in Plug&Play mode. Worth trying if you haven't already.

And if you temporarily change the PC IP address to, say, 192.168.254.200 and then use this in the browser to extract the configuration file -
http://192.168.254.2/System/configurationFile?auth=YWRtaW46MTEK

If that works - zip up the file and attach it here and I will check it out for you.

Reaction score
@alastaristevenson. I just purchased a house and it has an HIKVISION system installed. The previous owner factory reset the NVR - YAY!!! But of course did NOT factory reset the 10 cameras attached to the NVR. I tried the Hikvision Password Reset Tool with no luck on 9 of the 10 cameras running 4.5.x or older. The 10th camera is running 5.5.x. I have grabbed the system configurations for the 9 4.5.x older cameras and have them all in the attached zip file. Any chance you can parse them and provide the password for me?

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Any chance you can parse them and provide the password for me?
Yes, no problem!
Though I've not done 9 in one go before.
The password for admin is the same on all 9 configuration files you attached.

usal1234

It's likely this was the original NVR password, which by default is used to activate cameras when connected as Plug&play.
So the password will likely work for the 10th camera also.

Good luck!

Reaction score
I was able to login to all 10 cameras and factory reset all 10. Once they rebooted, they plug and played to the NVR and allocated the NVR login/password to them. Perfect.

JohnSL

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
i'm looking to for some help please. i have a HiWatch DS-i430 running version 5.4.5
i have been trying to reset the password with no luck. i've tried with tech team of HIKVISION through file export with SADP tool and it didnt work for some reason. getting error 2022. i've tried various times.
I opened up the camera looking for a reset button, but can't find it, seems like there isn't any. am i gonna end up with a bricked cam?
i'd appreciate your help.
Thank you.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
i've tried with tech team of HIKVISION through file export with SADP tool and it didnt work for some reason. getting error 2022. i've tried various times.
Did you leave the camera powered on between exporting the XML file and getting the reset file from Hikvision?

JohnSL

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you leave the camera powered on between exporting the XML file and getting the reset file from Hikvision?
I realised that this camera got blocked while we were trying to set it up for the first time. is this the problem? also the ip address seems like the temporary one that is auto generated by the SADP TOOL before you actually set it up and assign a password. Could it be the real issue? sending you a screengrab....

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
the ip address seems like the temporary one
192.168.1.64 is the camera default IP address.
Does it match the IP address of the network that the PC is on?
Was the PC wired or on WiFi when you tried the SADP reset code?
Wired would be best.