Hikvision cameras with Firefox browser no plug in

Discussion in 'Hikvision' started by zillah, Dec 28, 2017.

Share This Page

1. zillah

zillah Young grasshopper

Maldus likes this.
  2. fenderman

fenderman Staff Member

Q™ likes this.
  3. gumby2

gumby2 n3wb

Thanks, for those running android or linux, snarky answer not appreciated.

Maldus likes this.
  4. fenderman

fenderman Staff Member

What is wrong with you morons who come to this website for free advice and act like assholes in the second post.... I owe you nothing... If you can't run Internet Explorer say so there are other options that you would have easily found if you did some basic searching without being lazy... But now you will get no help from me... Act like an idiot again and I will remove you from this website..

5. zillah

zillah Young grasshopper

Thanks that worked for me

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    fenderman likes this.
  6. tangent

tangent Known around here

7. TonyR

TonyR Known around here

WTF? You think that's 'snarky'? How about .."Oh, please don't be offended but may I suggest you try Internet Explorer?"

tangent and fenderman like this.
  8. tigerwillow1

tigerwillow1 Getting comfortable

Starting with version 57, Firefox removed the interface that the plugins use. Pale Moon is a fork of the Mozilla code that retains the needed interface. It's working fine for me. With Windows, the plugins work only with the 32-bit version of the browser.

9. zillah

zillah Young grasshopper

Ohhh
    Okay

10. droopy

droopy n3wb

Use firefox ESR version works perfect without plugin

11. tangent

check
    Code:
    about:plugins
    I bet you are still using the plugin

TonyR likes this.
  12. Maldus

Maldus n3wb

No matter what, this is the worst possible answer to any question I can think of. Like earing "just ride an hippopotamus" in response to a car problem.

13. fenderman

fenderman Staff Member

right because you cant use IE to setup the camera, I have heard of computers exploding just by launching IE - serious injuries to the users. Note that the OP used my suggestion successfully!!!!! See post #5 It was another user with a dumb ass comment...Big problems...moron. Dont like my advice, get the fuck out. Dont be a lazy ass and do a basic search. Another newbie with an attitude in his first post and immediately runs to the report button, like a 5 year old.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  14. Q™

Q™ Known around here

15. Maldus

Maldus n3wb

That's exactly the problem: a basic search does not yield the answer to the question "how can I install HikVision's plugin on Firefox", which is tigerwillow1's reply, you simply can't anymore. The first time I found this thread I skipped it because of that first lazy reply.
    What if IE isn't an option? If I'm asking how to use firefox there must be a reason, right? Someone asks help with a tool, and you start off by saying to change it without even explaining why. That is a snarky reply and suggests you don't know the answer (which then begs the question: why answering in the first place?). Not to forget how outdated and limited IE is.
    Also, this is about watching the cameras, not just setting it up; Firefox works fine for that. If that was the problem maybe using a different browser just once would make sense (even then, not IE).

16. fenderman

fenderman Staff Member

You obviously lack any basic google searching skills if that is how you search. LMGTFY Even using YOUR search term the first result is an EXPLANATION of why it doesnt work in FF. You are a special kind of stupid. Once again fucker, the OP used IE successfully. If IE is not an option HE would have said so. IE is not limited or dated when it comes to using it for ip cameras. The OP did not take my comment as snarky, he USED it. If you dont like my advice you can fuck off my forum...which is about it happen to you. Only and idiot like you would use a browser to consistently watch cameras...boy you are nuts. Its almost as if you never used an ip camera before...Newbie novices getting bitchy again. Here is the thing, I owe you nothing. This forum owes you nothing. So stop being an asshole and fuck off.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  17. tangent

You seriously registered here just to bitch about Internet Explorer? WTF is wrong with you.

The majority of cameras use internet plugins that are poorly supported today, internet explorer is one place these still work. If you want to bitch at someone pick a camera manufacture and contact them.

RyanODan and TonyR like this.
  18. Q™

Q™ Known around here

19. G Rose

G Rose n3wb

Late the the party here.
    Have a few macs in the system and am that one of you has the secret sauce of browser and plugin that works for the HKVision interface. As most of you know IE is not an option for any one with a mac which is what my boss has. Any help is appreciated.

20. RyanODan

RyanODan IPCT Vendor

@G Rose Download Firefox ESR (v52 I believe). It definitely works on Windows and should work on Mac.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  21. G Rose

G Rose n3wb

Tried 52 with no success - will try some older.
    Thanks

22. RyanODan

RyanODan IPCT Vendor

You need to install the correct plugin from Hikvision. They have a few different ones, one works with IP cameras and the other works for NVRs. Just tested an IP cam and NVR with success.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  23. TonyR

TonyR Known around here

What about Safari v8 or later? Go here, click on "Web Plugin for Mac OS V3.0.6.23"