Hikvision Chinese G0 DS-2CD3345-I switch to English

afddwfadwfadwf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
DS-2CD3345-I had hacked English firmware V5.3.6 build 151103 and web firmware update doesn't work on either EN (IPC_G0_EN_STD_5.5.81_190102) or CN (IPC_G0_CN_STD_5.5.82_190130) firmware

I did TFTP update to get the camera on IPC_G0_CN_STD_5.5.82_190130.

some issues with IPC_G0_CN_STD_5.5.82_190130
web management without plugin is not supported at all
still no SSH/telnet
have to reformat samba drive (not initialized)

I would like to get the missing features from English firmware. In its current state, how can I load G0_EN firmware? tftp with EN firmware seems to just cause the camera to bootloop (keeps requesting the same file over tftp)

Last edited:

bendar

n3wb
Reaction score
Similar issue here... My main problem is I can't connect the one CN firmware camera I have to my iVMS installation.

I've just bought a house and inherited the six existing DS-2CD2345-I cameras that were fixed to the property but the previous owners took the NVR which is fair enough. They couldn't provide any history about the devices or the admin passwords so I'd effectively inherited six bricks. Today I've managed to get the password-reset XML files from Hikvision after a week of going back and forth (no proof of purchase etc.) however during that week I was playing with TFTP on one of the cameras to see if I could flash it with a stock firmware and reset the password that way. So now it's running the IPC_G0_CN_STD_5.5.82_190130 firmware and I need a way to get it back to English so it will work with the rest of my system...

Cheers

Charrels

n3wb
Reaction score
Well actually family had a 2CD3145F-IWS hanging on the wall that would not record to NAS using CIFS or NFS. The altered EN firmware on this Chinese cam was of a lower version than what was printed on the label on the side. Initially I figured it was a G1 camera (3xx5 firmware lookup from CN Hikvision site kind of implied this), but after creating an USB-serial connection (read about it on this forum) it appeared to be a G0. So in the end the IPC_G0_CN_STD_5.5.82_190130 was succesfully flashed onto it and everything works, including the writing to NAS and the YWRtaW46MTEK vulnerability has also gone away. A little thingy is now the mobile iVMS app works fine, but the iVMS PC version comes up with language mismatch. Now for that I found Ezviz Studio (HikVision consumer application) is a fairly nice iVMS desktop replacement as it takes both Chinese and English cams. It even seems to boot quicker than iVMS. Yet still it is only a little annoyance the IE web interface of the Cam is chinese. Not a big problem as the Batch Configurator tool shows all settings in English, but still a mini annoyance xD That's why I wondered if they had succesfully converted their cams into English versions in the end.

eyal113

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
Can anyone please point me out how to get the English version for Hikvision DS-2CD3345-I camera
the current firmware version is 5.3.9 build 160612 and just want to add this camera to my existing NVR ...

Thanks

edwinsong

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know DS-2CD3135F-I works with this firmware IPC_G0_EN_STD_5.5.88_200317? It’s currently in Chinese 5.3.9 firmware.

edwinsong

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I'm trying to add this camera DS-2CD3135F-I into my DS-7216HQHI DVR but it's showing Language Mismatch because of Chinese. Tried using ONVIF also doesn't work. So I'm at a lost. Do you have any idea? Thanks a million

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi there

Unfortunately I'm no longer able to provide assistance with this - I've deleted my posts in this thread to avoid misunderstandings.

Sorry about that.