Hikvision clones?

Deadeye

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knows if all of these doorbells are the same under the housing?

Hikvision - https://www.amazon.com/HIKVISION-Doorphone-Doorbell-DS-KB6403-WIP-TF-card/dp/B07FSS6ZFH/ref=sr_1_3

Uniden - https://www.amazon.com/Uniden-U-Bell-Doorbell-faceplates-DB1/dp/B075V9ZKTY/ref=sr_1_4

RCA - https://www.amazon.com/RCA-Doorbell-Security-Detection-Android/dp/B077KW2T1H/ref=sr_1_5

LTS - https://www.amazon.com/LTS-Full-HD-Video-Doorbell/dp/B076JM9C74/ref=sr_1_6

LaView - https://www.amazon.com/LaView-Doorbell-Storage-Pre-Installed-Detection/dp/B079Q435KL/ref=sr_1_8

They all look like the Hikvision and I read this comment in the Uniden reviews:
*Update 10/17/2018: We have 2 of these now, 1 Uniden, 1 RCA. It turns out these are all manufactured by HikVision (surprise, this is their model #DS-KB6403-WIP, they have 100+ OEMs as of 2018), you can download the latest firmware directly from them and flash whatever version of this camera you may have (RCA, LaView, Uniden, LTS, etc) to give it lots more functionality - most notably, you can adjust the frame rate beyond the 12fps that many of these are locked to, and adjust the motion detection in much more detail. ONVIF performance was better/more reliable with newer firmware on both cameras - I'm no longer using the HikVision preset in Security Spy, just plain ONFIV. No issues. Updating the firmware is very simple, and in no way a "secret" about any HikVision device - simply place the new firmware in the root directory of a FAT32 formatted MicroSD (TF) card, and reboot the camera. You can then configure through the web interface as usual & get complete functionality - default login is "admin", and the default password is the camera's serial number - just like all similar HikVision products. No apps needed from HikVision or anybody else - we don't use any of them.

Does anyone know if this is true? Could I just buy any Hikvision rebrand and use the Hikvision firmware? If so, is there a way to determine exactly which Hikvision model the rebrand is?

Many thanks!

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi @Deadeye

As fenderman noted we have a couple threads on that..

iirc that particular model has had issues from what I have been reading, so I would probably be cautious on recommending it. ( note I have seen some versions of it go for the $50+/- price point )

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Deadeye

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry, I wasn't able to find a thread covering this doorbell (Search Results for Query: DS-KB6403-WIP | IP Cam Talk) so I started this one.
Issues? Firmware that can be fixed later, or hardware? I'm just looking for an affordable ONVIF option and these Hikvision doorbell cams seem to be reasonably prices (and don't have a horrible rating like some of the lower end doorbell cams).

I'm in Canada, so that $50 price point turns into $200 plus shipping. :lol:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, I wasn't able to find a thread covering this doorbell (Search Results for Query: DS-KB6403-WIP | IP Cam Talk) so I started this one.
Issues? Firmware that can be fixed later, or hardware? I'm just looking for an affordable ONVIF option and these Hikvision doorbell cams seem to be reasonably prices (and don't have a horrible rating like some of the lower end doorbell cams).

They are junk. Its a huge thread
7th result Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

Deadeye

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I appreciate the input on their quality, but they seem to be the only ones that will probably work with my Hikvision NVR (not a lot of other ONVIF doorbell cameras out there, and DoorBird got even worse reviews).
Oh, I was expecting the model number or "Hikvision" in the thread title.
Wow, you weren't kidding. 95 pages huge. I tried diving in, but the info I would be looking for would be near the beginning but they were posted in 2017 so the info is probably out of date and all the more recent posts are people looking for firmware or mounting tips. I'll try somewhere's else.

Reaction score

The original Hikvision/LTS/RCA/LaView doorbell camera was model DS-KB6003-WIP and not the newer DS-KB6403-WIP.

Reaction score
As I've stated elsewhere, as cameras, these devices work well. As doorbell buttons, these devices work well. As video intercom, the Hikvision app leaves A LOT to be desired. :(

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score