Hikvision Cloud Storage uploading stills only

Will C

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a DS-7332HQHI-K4 / V3.5.40 build 171110 and I've setup the cloud storage option with Google drive.

Everything is working EXCEPT I am only get still images uploaded,.. not video..?

I just want 3 of the 32 cameras to upload footage on motion detection event during specific hours ( monitoring entry doors and fire escape).

As I mentioned - it all works except for the fact that the uploads are all still JPEG images.. I can't see/find any settings to change this..? Any tips please..?

Thanks!!!!!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a DS-7332HQHI-K4 / V3.5.40 build 171110 and I've setup the cloud storage option with Google drive.

Everything is working EXCEPT I am only get still images uploaded,.. not video..?

I just want 3 of the 32 cameras to upload footage on motion detection event during specific hours ( monitoring entry doors and fire escape).

As I mentioned - it all works except for the fact that the uploads are all still JPEG images.. I can't see/find any settings to change this..? Any tips please..?

Thanks!!!!!
There is no option to ftp video.

Will C

n3wb
Reaction score
Ahhh, ok.. I'm confused then.
I followed this guide:
Hikvision cloud recording
and at the end the author is claiming he's getting video uploaded to his Google drive..?
There's also a few comments like mine stating stills only at the bottom..
maybe its been removed..?

Thanks for the reply btw!!!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ahhh, ok.. I'm confused then.
I followed this guide:
Hikvision cloud recording
and at the end the author is claiming he's getting video uploaded to his Google drive..?
There's also a few comments like mine stating stills only at the bottom..
maybe its been removed..?

Thanks for the reply btw!!!
that is not using ftp, there its a function of the NVR...Im not surprised that its buggy. I would reconsider uploading video...makes no sense...hide another NVR if you are concerned about theft.

Will C

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, understood re: buggyness... makes sense
I'm (brand) new to CCTV but been in IT for 20yrs so sorry for flapping about.
I was trying to help client who's cctv support is pants.. They asked for "offsite backup" hence my line of enquiry.
Agreed, hiding a nas or something would be best.
Consider this query closed and thank goodness I found this forum!

As it happens, I just started reading about BI in this forum 10 mins ago... never knew it existed...
Looks good! Save a fortune on NVRs and cams too...!
Again, thanks for your patience & time!