Hikvision co-existing with Dahua on BI 3

IPconfused

n3wb
Reaction score
I have now installed the full version of BI 3, have the Dahua HFW4300S running and the iOS version of BI operating successfully on the iPad. After seeing the large number of Hikvision cameras used by forum members, I decided to try a couple 1) a DS-2cd2132 3mp network dome 2.8mm and 2) a DS-2cd2032 3mp bullet 4.0mm. I optimistically thought that the logic path on the proprietary stuff would be at least similar between Hikvision and Dahua. Can these two brands even exist on the same network? I am now trying to use the Hikvision SADP and/or the iVMS-4200 software to change IP addresses on new cameras to conform to my network topology. No universal cam tools in BI 3 that I can find. Even when the Hikvision shows the proper new IP address, BI 3 gives me a 'cannot connect; time out' error message. In addition, after changing the address getting and time out message, I cannot successfully ping the new address. Obviously, I making a major error. Any help?

(If I has enough stuff to brag about; I'd put it here.):peaceful:

dalepa

Reaction score
Is Hikvision SADP able to see your Hikvision Cams? Once you see the cams via SADP, you should be able to change the IPs...