Hikvision dome built in mic problem Model DS-2CD2542FWD-IS

ron351

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This DS-2CD2542FWD-IS Hikvision camera is POE with built in MIC.
The POE is powered by a POE injector and have a audio problem.
Seen other posts saying to enable audio which I do and audio works fine but only a couple minutes then goes silent. I go back to settings and have to change video again to be video/audio save and works a couple minutes and quits again.
It seems like it is not saving to the selection of video/audio and have to keep enabling it.
Any suggestions?
Ron

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This DS-2CD2542FWD-IS Hikvision camera is POE with built in MIC.
The POE is powered by a POE injector and have a audio problem.
Seen other posts saying to enable audio which I do and audio works fine but only a couple minutes then goes silent. I go back to settings and have to change video again to be video/audio save and works a couple minutes and quits again.
It seems like it is not saving to the selection of video/audio and have to keep enabling it.
Any suggestions?
Ron
Use IE, install the plugin and change the setting again..

ron351

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I will have to see, not sure if I used Firefox or IE now. But worth a try. I will go to the business Friday and try it with IE and get back with hopefully good news

ron351

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I looked and I was using IE to do the settings. I changed it maybe 4x and it resorts back to video only after a couple minutes after setting it to Audio&Video.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I looked and I was using IE to do the settings. I changed it maybe 4x and it resorts back to video only after a couple minutes after setting it to Audio&Video.
did you install the plugin

ron351

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I believe when I first went to the IP address of the camera it asked to download a plugin. That I am not sure of, but usually you can't do much unless a plugin or active control is downloaded

ron351

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just looked in the downloads folder and seen Web components plugin, I am sure I ran it though.

ron351

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes video is fine even audio is fine when I change it from Video to Video&Audio and click save.
I may run down to the business in a little bit and try a hard restart. By that you mean through the camera login screen or pull the POE RJ45 jack out and plug back in?
I don't remember if there was a option in the camera menu in IE to reboot

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes video is fine even audio is fine when I change it from Video to Video&Audio and click save.
I may run down to the business in a little bit and try a hard restart. By that you mean through the camera login screen or pull the POE RJ45 jack out and plug back in?
I don't remember if there was a option in the camera menu in IE to reboot
not reboot a hard reset...remove power, hold reset, apply power while holding reset for 30 seconds..

ron351

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On the Audio Tab and Audio Encoding setting they don't explain what each is for is there a preferred one or specific one used?
Audio Encoding
G.722.1
G.711ulaw
G.711alaw
MP2L2
G.726

ron351

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok so I will have to have to take off the dome and look for a reset button and pull the POE plug and try it

ron351

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
not reboot a hard reset...remove power, hold reset, apply power while holding reset for 30 seconds..
That seemed to do the trick, hard restart. Your the best.
I messed with it at least a hour yesterday and a hour searching before asking, but your suggestion worked fine.
I appreciate this so much.
Ron

LoinKing

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm planning on getting this camera...how is the built-in mic's sound quality in terms of clarity, coverage/distance and noise?

ron351

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm planning on getting this camera...how is the built-in mic's sound quality in terms of clarity, coverage/distance and noise?
The MIC is very good and hears everything quite good. It really hears slight chair movements and things like that. I was quite happy with it