HikVision Dome camera offline

derek123

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Ever since I got my HikVision Dome camera I have had a nightmare with it going offline, etc. Although for some reason it kicks me out of HikConnect every so often I just log back in and can view camera again for another few weeks till it kicks me out again.

I now have a bigger issue, my camera has went offline and I cant get it back. I have done the factory reset on the camera. When I run ethernet cable from camera to my laptop and open ivMS-4200 the camera comes up on the devices to add but says it's offline when I add it. If I put cable from camera direct to router it doesnt show up at all in ivMS-4200 devices menu.
I deleted the camera off my account on Hik Connect also as I was hoping to start from the beginning but I can't add it back on my account either as it says the "The device is offline. No search result is found"

I am tearing my hair out trying to get this working again.

Has anyone had similar issues or have a step by step guide.

Thanks
Derek

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If I put cable from camera direct to router it doesnt show up at all in ivMS-4200 devices menu.
Does the link detect LED on the router ethernet port light up when the camera is powered on?
If yes,
What does SADP show for the status?
Depending on how old the firmware is, it may be in an 'Inactive' state after the reset to defaults.
If so - SADP can be used to 'Activate' it, and set the IP address to match your requirements.
SADP Tool

if no - there may be a cable fault or a camera hardware fault or a power supply fault.

derek123

n3wb
Reaction score
yes ethernet lights are on at back of router. solid orange light and flickering green light

derek123

n3wb
Reaction score
When camera is connected direct to laptop.....

As its not picking up the camera when connected direct to router, could this be something thats went a miss within my router settings, port forwarding or something?

Attachments

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
As its not picking up the camera when connected direct to router, could this be something thats went a miss within my router settings, port forwarding or something?
Nothing to do with port forwarding.
The router is just operating as a LAN connection when you are trying to access the camera when the PC is also on the local network, also via a router connection.
Hik-connect does not feature either in that scenario.

Suggestion:
What does SADP show for the status?
Depending on how old the firmware is, it may be in an 'Inactive' state after the reset to defaults.
If so - SADP can be used to 'Activate' it, and set the IP address to match your requirements.
SADP Tool
Your screenshot shows the camera as Active, so it has not had a factory reset. Or if it had, you've accessed it, and activated it with your selected password.

SADP will find the camera, allow you to set the IP address to that needed for your network, if the 192.168.0.93 address shown on your screenshots isn't suitable.
Then just access the camera web GUI with the browser to confirm that it is working OK.

derek123

n3wb
Reaction score
So update, I now have the camera listed on SADP tool and on ivMS but only the camera WiFi IP address.

When I connect ethernet from camera direct to laptop I can see IP address in ivMS also and add camera, view images, settings, etc. As soon as I plug to router it disappears and don’t get it detected at all

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
1) What is the local ip address of the router ?
2) What is the static IP address of the camera ?
3)What is the IP address of the laptop when hardwired to the camera ?
4) What is the IP address of the laptop when connected to the network?

derek123

n3wb
Reaction score
1. 192.168.0.1
2. 192.168.1.50 ( tried to change to 192.168.0.50 but then couldn’t access camera)
3. Ethernet adapter 192.168.1.33 (preferred)
4. 192.168.0.26

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It does sound like you need to change the camera IP address when on the LAN to match what the LAN requires. SADP can do this.
It sounds like the camera WiFi settings are using DHCP, which gives a valid wi-fi IP address.

derek123

n3wb
Reaction score
I have changed IP address on camera to match LAN but again as soon as I disconnect from laptop and plug in to router all access is lost.

This is really starting to p!ss me off

derek123

n3wb
Reaction score
Slowly getting somewhere now have camera working fine using WiFi, but not over Ethernet. Any ideas?