Hikvision Doorbell Firewall issue

Chura

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

I have Hikvision doorbell (6003) and I'm having issue making it work :(
It connect fine to my Wifi network, and I can access it via http and BI can see it as well, so far so good.

I want to enjoy the Door bell feature of it (2 way audio, popup of video, ring) and I have issue here.
Once I click the button, I hear "No platform registered", check the WebUI, nothing special there just basic configuration.
Checking the traffic, I can see successful TCP traffic to 52.221.148.228 on port 8555
I can see some multicast traffic to 239.255.255.250 port 1900, but no one answer to it.

Now, I tried another thing, I opened Hotspot on my wife phone, and connected the doorbell to it, it worked fine, I heard announcement "Platform registered" and I could enjoy the doorbell features.

Anyone had such issue ? I tried to contact Hik support as well, so far I can't say they are too much helping.

Ron C

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

I have Hikvision doorbell (6003) and I'm having issue making it work :(
It connect fine to my Wifi network, and I can access it via http and BI can see it as well, so far so good.

I want to enjoy the Door bell feature of it (2 way audio, popup of video, ring) and I have issue here.
Once I click the button, I hear "No platform registered", check the WebUI, nothing special there just basic configuration.
Checking the traffic, I can see successful TCP traffic to 52.221.148.228 on port 8555
I can see some multicast traffic to 239.255.255.250 port 1900, but no one answer to it.

Now, I tried another thing, I opened Hotspot on my wife phone, and connected the doorbell to it, it worked fine, I heard announcement "Platform registered" and I could enjoy the doorbell features.

Anyone had such issue ? I tried to contact Hik support as well, so far I can't say they are too much helping.

I tried a bunch of stuff, but I want to do it without the app and write some scripts and code.

I haven't seen anything on port 8555, but some others. I did see some different ports using NMAP. Mine says "server registered" when (re)booting
I did capture some traffic on a windows box, running some tools and also wire shark.

Maybe you are running a different version of the firmware? (I ordered an other one of these doorbells, factory refurbished, for $50, just to play with).

I am planning on writing some code to run the doorbell "standalone" and capture events locally. I did see the popup work in NVM4200, however I don't seem to be able to capture the ring aka call.

Ron

Chura

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So, I've disable the IPS (Intrusion Prevention System) and its working fine now.
Thanks!