Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I Advance Config & Blue Iris

Sabot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have been wondering if there is a need to use some of the advance configurations of the camera's firmware? I have been exploring the Events section and the question popped up in my simple mind. :single_eye:

Reaction score
I have the same camera and setup the camera configurations through the advanced options on the camera itself. If done right, you get pretty good video quality.

Sabot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am always wondering if I am missing some settings that would make any positive difference being that I am so new to this. I don't know why but I find it entertaining to tinker with. I am using the 3 meg setting on all my camera's hoping to get the best resolution possible.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The events section of the camera will have no impact on blue iris...blue iris analyzes the video stream sent to it nothing more..the only time it matters is if you are recording to nas or ftp...and if using the pir sensor on the 2432 which does work with blue iris...hopefully the option to use in camera motion detection will be added for the popular cameras so those with weak systems can use blue iris with HD cameras...

Overcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone done a write up on what advanced options that are common with IP cameras can be enabled to improve image, performance and the like? I have searched the web and found a couple but not in any detail. They usually only list a couple of specific ones and i find it's difficult to piece together all of them when you're just learning what all of them do. For example, with Blue Iris and the camera detect. Is it better to use the default that BI always detects or the profile listed specifically for your camera, if BI has it? Are there changes using the camera specific that need to be made to improve its picture, capture et cetera? Are there advanced settings that work in conjunction with the Bi camera specific settings to improve? I know Fenderman has said that BI just simply takes what the camera sends and doesn't do anything to it, but if that's always the case then why have camera specific settings when detecting cameras? Why not just always use the default RTSP H.264 MJPG/MPEG4? I have never had BI detect anything other than that encoding so I assume it's either the easiest or the best. But I am sure there are things that can be tweeked because when I watch my video play back, it's nothing like the videos I watch on networkcameracritic.com so I am missing stuff :)

Sabot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Great questions! I have been wondering why the play back is not exactly like the live feed at it's basics without out software manipulation.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
BI only pulls the stream except for a few select cameras where it can get motion detection notifications (the only one i know of is the 2432 and the pir sensor), im sure there are plans for more as there is an option to use in camera motion...the reason for selecting different cameras in the drop downs is because every camera has a unique path...
The blue iris recording should be exactly the same as the camera feed, unless you are pulling a substream or something.
The quality of the image is separate and distinct from blue iris. You need to manipulate the camera settings...the only way to learn is to mess with the settings yourself and see the changes they make.