Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I reset button?

Reaction score
Does this camera have a reset button? Seems like a such a stupid question to ask, but after some port changes my camera is no longer accessible and I cannot change the HTTPS port through SADP. So, I am wanting to reset this camera and after taking it apart I do not see a reset button anywhere. Does it have a different way to reset maybe?

catseyenu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No reset, reflashing the firmware with TFTP should get you back to defaults but if it's a Chinese version you could lose your English language menus and need to do the hex hack or purchase a CBX region change fix.

Edit:TFTP not SFTP

Last edited by a moderator:

titanmanus

n3wb
Reaction score
No reset, reflashing the firmware with TFTP should get you back to defaults but if it's a Chinese version you could lose your English language menus and need to do the hex hack or purchase a CBX region change fix.

Hi,
Could you please tell me how to reset the cam? I couldn't find any good tutorial how to use TFTP.
I have a 2CD2132-I camera and it had a 5.2.0 firmware. I downloaded the new version 5.3 (IPC_R0_EN_STD_5.3.0_150513.zip) and made the update, the update was successful but after restart it says Access Error: 404 -- Not Found - firmware language mismatch: /home/webLib
I didn't know about this language issue
I don't want to make further toubles so I ask first; is tehere any way to recover? Is it bricked?
Many thanks!
Gyuri

catseyenu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,
Could you please tell me how to reset the cam?
You can not reset it in the traditional way, so far as I know as it does not have the hardware rest button. You will have to reflash it with the appropriate firmware.
FYI, upgrading from 5.20 is the wrong way to go with these cameras IMO.
We are in an adversarial position with the manufacturer who wants to lock us out of our cameras.

Your best bet is to flash the full featured 5.16, if possible.
I'm unsure what flashing 5.30 over 5.20 does you would need to search the forum or ask someone who is familiar with 5.30 (alastairstevenson/whoslooking).

I couldn't find any good tutorial how to use TFTP.
I have a 2CD2132-I camera and it had a 5.2.0 firmware. I downloaded the new version 5.3 (IPC_R0_EN_STD_5.3.0_150513.zip) and made the update, the update was successful but after restart it says Access Error: 404 -- Not Found - firmware language mismatch: /home/webLib
I didn't know about this language issue
I don't want to make further toubles so I ask first; is tehere any way to recover? Is it bricked?
Many thanks!
Gyuri

Last edited by a moderator:

titanmanus

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply! I spent almost 2 hours of reading this forum and also found official Hikvision TFTP pdf. I successfully TFTP-ed the 5.20 and brought back the cam to life, but it's fully Chinese. When I bough it 8 months ago it was fully Chinese but after some easy step (based on youtube video) it became English, but I can't remember how I did (not patched, not TFTP -ed I even didn't know these things are exists :) )
So I can TFTP an 5.1.6 then it can became english?
tnx
György

catseyenu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I can TFTP an 5.1.6 then it can became english?
tnx
György
Yes, you may need to do the HEX hack or replace the davinci.tar.gz with a hacked version if you can't find an already compiled 5.1.6 with the hack in place.

HEX hack:
http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php?162-How-to-hack-5-1-2-firmware-on-China-region-cameras-to-English

8A 30 DD E5 38 A0 9D E5 20 30 8D E5 53 B0 C4 E5
8A 30 DD E5 01 A0 A0 E3 20 30 8D E5 53 B0 C4 E5

davinci.tar.gz:
http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php?162-How-to-hack-5-1-2-firmware-on-China-region-cameras-to-English&p=3450&viewfull=1#post3450

Reaction score

How to flash?