Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-IS connecting up mic

SquareEyes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
But unfortunately I hear no sound. What I'm doing wrong? What is the best way to test the microphone?
Did you try logging into the camera and use "Webcomponents" in the live view? You will need to slide the speaker volume as it is muted by default.

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It is an active microphone, it will not work. Need to find a passive mic.

salahj

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello
Can you please show me the wiring pics?I m having the same issue with the hickvision [h=2]DS-2CD2132F-IS .[/h]

J273

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Im trying to get an xbox mic to work with my hikvision cam but no matter how i connect it i just get a constant buzz and no sound.

I know a few of you on here have used xbox mic's. How have you wired them up? I have the white going to IN and the copper wire going to G. Ive tried all the settings within the camera audio but still cant hear anything.

Is this correct? i only have the 2 wires.

Many thanks

J273

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

Yes video and audio selected on all streams.I only have line in and no mic in option.

Sorry forgot to mention the camera, It is a DS-2CD2145-I

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I only have line in and no mic in option.
'Line in' will require a signal level of a few hundred mV to be usable, which would usually only be available from a powered microphone.
I believe your X-box mic is an unpowered device that would require the much more sensitive 'Mic' amplified input, though I'm not 100% sure of that as I haven't used one.
Do you have an audio system with a 'Line In' input such as an Aux input that you could test it with? That would confirm the problem.

J273

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah maybe you're right. Ita strange how my cam doesant have the 'mic in' option and only 'line in' option on the drop down.

I'd rather use a unpowered passive mic but I've tried everything now and I just get a buzz.

Maybe I'd have to give up on having a mic attached as I don't want to run a separate 12v

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Keep searching on this forum as I recall the mic option and line option was dropped in a firmware update. Some one had the xbox mic working as I recall on that model.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Keep searching on this forum as I recall the mic option and line option was dropped in a firmware update. Some one had the xbox mic working as I recall on that model.
it was dropped on the china camera hacked models.

J273

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok thanks both - I'll keep looking through the threads. With this more than likely being a hacked China model as it was bought from AliExpress. Do you think there's a slim chance of getting it to work? Thankyou

J273

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks - Ive just bought that lot and ill see how I get on.

Thanks again

J273

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Finally got all this setup and it works :)

Im using a budget 7104 series NVR which I use to view the cams locally connected to an LCD. Is it possible to have live audio coming out of the NVR to a line out and speaker?

I have tried it - connected up a speaker to it but I get no sound.

Any ideas if this is possible?

Thanks

J273

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the help with regards the mic setup - Much appreciated.

With regards the speaker. Im using a dell monitor which has a powered speaker underneath. When i plug it in using a 3.5 to phono i dont get no sound out of it. Ive tried a few speakers and cables but nothing is heard. Do i need to change anything on the NVR do you know? I have it set to audio&video in the drop down.

On the web browser audio works fine and using the iVMS app audio can be heard I just cant get anything out of the NVR which is a bit strange.

Thanks

Last edited:

J273

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
^^^Sorry scrap that.

Ive finally got sound out of the NVR by changing the audio to G.711ULAW all works fine.

Thanks again for your help