Hikvision DS-2CD2335FWD-I aspect ratio is off in BI

slodat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can’t sort out why my DS-2CD2335FWD-I and DS-2CD2H35FWD-IZS both show up like this in BI:

In the camera’s web page it shows more like this aspect ratio:

I’ve experimented quite a bit with the camera settings in BI and I’m not getting the full width of aspect to display.

Any pointers?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I can’t sort out why my DS-2CD2335FWD-I and DS-2CD2H35FWD-IZS both show up like this in BI:

In the camera’s web page it shows more like this aspect ratio:

I’ve experimented quite a bit with the camera settings in BI and I’m not getting the full width of aspect to display.

Any pointers?
the second wider image as the BI overlay....so which one is which?

slodat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In BI’s desktop app they have the same thing going on. The upper image is the problem camera, the lower is a camera with correct aspect ration displayed. They are currently mounted to an overhead beam for testing, so both are looking at the same area.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
In BI’s desktop app they have the same thing going on. The upper image is the problem camera, the lower is a camera with correct aspect ration displayed. They are currently mounted to an overhead beam for testing, so both are looking at the same area.
BI does not change aspect ratios...unless you force it...likely you have on set to 3mp and the other set to 1080p...check your camera settings.

slodat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I verified the resolution coming out of the camera and the resolution in BI’s camera settings is 2048 × 1536. This is happening on (2) of these cameras and a similar 3mp Hikvision varifocal turret.

Also, separately the zoom control isn’t working on either of my Hikvision varifocal cameras. Works out of the box on my Dahua Starlights.

I appreciate the help. BI is blowing my mind. Thank you!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I verified the resolution coming out of the camera and the resolution in BI’s camera settings is 2048 × 1536. This is happening on (2) of these cameras and a similar 3mp Hikvision varifocal turret.

Also, separately the zoom control isn’t working on either of my Hikvision varifocal cameras. Works out of the box on my Dahua Starlights.

I appreciate the help. BI is blowing my mind. Thank you!
post your blue iris camera properties >video and video>configuration tabs for both cams

slodat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I figured out the aspect ratio thing. The more square cameras are 3MP, the wider aspect ratio are 4MP. Rookie error on that.

I still can’t get the Hikvision zoom working on either varifocal.

Settings of one offending camera:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I figured out the aspect ratio thing. The more square cameras are 3MP, the wider aspect ratio are 4MP. Rookie error on that.

I still can’t get the Hikvision zoom working on either varifocal.

Settings of one offending camera:
yes, you made it sound like the aspect ratio and coverage was different in BI than in the web interface...the web interface will improperly stretch the image to 16:9..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
post your ptz settings in BI...you dont even need to get this working...its a one time setup that you can do from the interface...you will never mess with it again..