Hikvision DS-2CD2347G1-LU wall mounting

GeoffC

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Everyone, this is my first post on these forums so please forgive me if I'm doing anything wrong.
I tried searching for this, but haven't found a definitive answer (probably used wrong search keywords). I was wondering if any owners of the 2347 turret camera did a wall mount of the turret? Did you need to drill a huge hole for the ethernet connection (or use a junction box), or did you have enough space to hide the connector under the turret (thus only needing to drill a small hole for the cat5e wire)?
I've just ordered my cameras from Andy, so I thought I'd get a head start on running wires.
Thanks!

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't have a DS-2CD2347G1-LU but I haven't come across a turret from Dahua or Hikvision that has enough room behind it to fit the thick waterproof ethernet piece that comes off the back of the camera.

If you want to mount it flush to a surface, you generally need to drill big hole (3/4"?) to fit that connector through. If you use a junction box, then you only need to drill a hole big enough to get normal-sized ethernet from your house into the box.

GeoffC

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply! I was figuring that there probably wasn't enough room, but I just wanted to confirm.
I'm thinking of crafting my own 1" thick spacer from 1x6 PVC board so that I don't need those 2" thick (expensive) Hikvision custom junction boxes. Should be a fun evening in the workshop...:)

Brin

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi. Two way you can do:
1) with back box(junction box)
2) drill small hole to pull RJ, from outside drill 3/4 big halfway into small hole to hide the connectors. Good luck