Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW 3MP w/POE IP Camera night vision will not switch to day

Kenjusticejr

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW 3MP w/POE IP Camera

fresh off the boat from china... excellent picture, frame rate, and quality seems ok... the problem is:

No matter what settings I've tried on the day/night switch, the only way to show day vision (a color picture) is to select "day" mode... on "auto" (for switching to night based off of light) it switches to night, unless I have a flashlight, or desk lamp pointed directly at the camera.

can someone please tell me if there is other settings that affect this. I've tried everything from 0 to 7 in the "sensitivity" for the day/night switch. Given that it is an indoor camera, I'd like to be able to have a color picture during the time a light is turned on... It's like someone put a pair of sunglasses on the light sensor...

any help or guidance would be appreciated.

zeoclang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have the same problem with my DS-2CD3332-I which is located on my front porch. I have it set on Auto but even the porch lights aren't bright enough to make it switch to Day. The 0-7 Sensitivity setting doesn't seem to do anything.

Kenjusticejr

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
*update - Brought the cam from home to my business, hooked it up on this system, and in an environment with worse light, it works properly. The only difference is that the little bit of light here at my business is natural light, from the sun. In the room at my house where the cam is located, it is artificial light, from CFL bulbs. and one window with a blind on it. At home, I can direct the camera directly at the light, and it works, or I can shine a flashlight at the sensor, and it works. At my business, with the same camera, it works with less light and properly. Driving me fricken' crazy. It's like the sensor is wearing a pair of sunglasses and I need to take them off. Tempted to disassemble the camera and see if the sensor is mounted properly behind the little tinted lens.

Also, had ya liu from china remoted in checking settings, he didn't have any luck finding anything wrong. In addition, he was remoted in to check the camera at my business, where it was working properly..... Only difference is a different power supply, that actually was rated 250ma less than the one I'm using at home.

I really think it is the type of light. The camera seems to react to UV from the sun (natural light) but not artificial (from a light bulb).

so, not really any resolution. Seems like the scale needs to be changed from 0-7 to 0-14......if only it was that easy.

Kenjusticejr

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have the same problem with my DS-2CD3332-I which is located on my front porch. I have it set on Auto but even the porch lights aren't bright enough to make it switch to Day. The 0-7 Sensitivity setting doesn't seem to do anything.

not sure what the porch lighting is in relationship to the natural light outside, but try to relocate the camera temporarily and subject it to natural sunlight and if I had to guess (if you have the same problem as me) it will switch properly.