Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW Arrived today

dalepa

Reaction score
Goodbye Foscam 8910w, welcome Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW with 2.8mm lens and wifi and sound. I'm getting 25 FPS 1920x1080p audio and video via Wifi...

Already love this little camera. It Just works.

NetworkCameraCritic Review Here

DS-2CD2432F-IW_1.jpg

The first three shots are from the Foscam 8910w, and the last two are the Hikvision. I'll be adding from Night shots tonight...

FI8910w.20140329_094557_1.jpgFI8910w.20140328_204424_1.jpgTrendNet.20140329_111755.jpg

Same locations as the foscams, but now replaced with the Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW

Cam1.20140329_112011.jpgFrontHik.20140329_125026.jpg
FrontDoorAlert.20140329_203230.jpg

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looks like you painted the inside of your house, lol. Nice images from such a small camera. Is that 2 way audio? Have you tested that out if it is?

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Nice. Is this an indoor/outdoor camera? I see you have it sheltered out there, but how well do they hold up to exterior?

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow! What a difference...how washed out the Foscam was. :)

dalepa

Reaction score
Tried playing with the audio and some of the night settings, and I have run into some issues. The Camera is randomly resetting an hanging. It appears to be an issue around the WDR or one of the other Image settings or the IR turning on/off. Just changing a image setting sometime causes a reset, and connecting via BI or the camera GUI causes resets.

Changed back to the default day/night settings, and im back to stable again.

Tried updating to the 3/16 5.1.2 firmware from hikvisioneurope with "The image effect in night is optimized" enhancements, but got the following:
Language version mismatch

Looks like you painted the inside of your house, lol. Nice images from such a small camera. Is that 2 way audio? Have you tested that out if it is?

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looks like a good camera. I bought one of the mini domes the other day from hikvision, that thing is pretty tiny!

Don't know where I will put it quite yet

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Tried playing with the audio and some of the night settings, and I have run into some issues. The Camera is randomly resetting an hanging. It appears to be an issue around the WDR or one of the other Image settings or the IR turning on/off. Just changing a image setting sometime causes a reset, and connecting via BI or the camera GUI causes resets.

Changed back to the default day/night settings, and im back to stable again.

Tried updating to the 3/16 5.1.2 firmware from hikvisioneurope with "The image effect in night is optimized" enhancements, but got the following:
Language version mismatch
Tried taking it off wifi and run a cable? That's a major problem if it can't be overcome.

dalepa

Reaction score
I may try cable if it keeps up, but it looks like a bug related to new connections. I've noticed that it mostly resets when I bring up the GUI image page and sometime when changing the Image settings. Several times it hung completely, and just walking in front of the camera it would unhang itself.

So far only at night. And if I leaving the GUI alone, no issues the rest of the night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW Living Room Setup

2014-03-30_08.08.16.jpeg

Replaced the
Hikvision DS-2CD8464F-EIW with the Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW for my living room camera and it has been excellent so far.

dalepa

Reaction score
Here's sample sound on the DS-2CD2432F-IW.

So far very pleased with the quality on the audio and video on this cam. After viewing this, I increased the WDR to get more light on the porch during bright days like today.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
So what was the trick to make this camera behave now when changing settings? It's really canvasing like this that made me get more and more refined on my front door. All summer long it's like an endless parade of bullshit.

dalepa

Reaction score
Looks like my night reboot problem was related to the cheapo power supply. I guess the IR was just slightly too much to handle and it would cause the cam to loose power at night while connected to BI and the GUI at the same time... PSU, go figure...

Replaced the power supply, and so far no more reboots. Getting a steady 25 FPS WIFI.

Tried taking it off wifi and run a cable? That's a major problem if it can't be overcome.

aham

n3wb
Reaction score
Dalepa, I was reading this thread and I was impressed with the visual and audio examples. Very good! But one question is still unanswered. I know this camera is not an outdoors camera, but it looks like you have or had it mounted outside. Is that right? I suppose it is sheltered there, but will it last out there? I mean with insects and moist air and so on? Do you have any experience with that?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Check the specs out on hikvisions site...its can withstand some brutal temps....folks have been placing indoor cams outside for years with no issue...

aham

n3wb
Reaction score
Dalepa, actually I have yet another question: in your examples I see something like motion detection (?) at work, visualised with red squares. Are they generated by the camera itself? Or is your NVR doing that? I never saw these red squares in my Hikvision cameras.

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Quite impressive that little cam. With the cold tolerance and humidity it can supposedly tolerate; that becomes actually quite interesting, because of the PIR. Certainly has me pondering to try one of these instead of another bullet.

Anybody try the wifi range?

By the way. The hair on the back of my neck started to stand up with that video.
"... what we specialize in is getting the insurance company to pay for a new roof."
Next line that is missing is, and if you let us do the job, we will jack up the price a little bit and cut you a check. I had one of those (unknowingly) at my house once for an estimate. A simple small thing was going to be a total reconstruction job supposedly and he was going claim it all as storm damage. What storm, I had no idea.