Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW Dissassembly

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've been asked how to focus the DS-2CD2432F-IW and for those that have re-focused or changed lenses on Hikvision fixed lens cameras, you know it's glued in place, but that never stopped the determined. So I'll give you some pointers.

First, this is the camera with the front dark plate off. I just used a letter opener and popped it off. Start at the top. You will not be able to adjust the lens yet because it's glued in place. Don't lose the parts inside, the PIR dome cover and the clear lens for the lights.

On the back there's a hidden screw under the label. Peel that back and remove this screw to get inside. The back half is held in with simple plastic clips, so just pull the back from the front slowly, one section at a time.

Then there's a bunch of screws. Remove the screws circled in red. Leave the purple alone for now. Caution, under the yellow circle is a circuit board to circuit board connector, so ease it out carefully.

Then the circuit board comes out. You can remove the lens from the sensor by removing the 2 remaining screws circled in purple but don't do it. You can see that there's a blob of glue on the lens where it screws in. Mine is focused as good as I can ever dream off, but if it wasn't the case, this where an Exacto knife may come in handy to remove the glue. To focus, you need to put the screws back that hold the lens in place if you took them out, put the board back together and put all screws back in, and put the back cover on with that one screw. Then plug it in and you can adjust the lens from the front as needed.

I can confirm it's a 4:3 squarish sensor.

That's it. It's not that difficult to do like in the bullet camera that has delicate ribbon connectors, none of that here. I would suggest not removing the lens from the board as I have done as you can accidently touch and contaminate it with your finger oils.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It will never go un-focused, BUT, they come focused to a certain point. Some people wanted a closer or further focus that goes beyond what normal use is. Once in a rare while, they may come from the factory out of focus (I may have seen one in a thousand). All Hikvision cameras that are not Varifocal have glued in lenses. Also, some people want to change the lens to something wider or more telephoto, not saying I would ever want to, but I just wanted to show a way to do it.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
It will never go un-focused, BUT, they come focused to a certain point. Some people wanted a closer or further focus that goes beyond what normal use is. Once in a rare while, they may come from the factory out of focus (I may have seen one in a thousand). All Hikvision cameras that are not Varifocal have glued in lenses. Also, some people want to change the lens to something wider or more telephoto, not saying I would ever want to, but I just wanted to show a way to do it.
Very good info, I understand what you are saying, I'll see how the fixed focus ones go, I have the good ol' 4mm 2032 coming in this week, hopefully not later than wed. :)

dreamingb

n3wb
Reaction score
Great. Does anybody know its possible to replace the lens of DS-2CD2432F-IW. I bought the cam with 6mm and i would like to replace the lense with 2.8mm. Can you please provide the dimensions or tell me if its possible?

pwhooftman

n3wb
Reaction score
Swapped the 2.8mm lens on my 2432 with the 4mm lens on my 2032 bullet. The 4mm from the 2032 went just fine onto the 2432, even a bit loose so put a drop of glue on it to make it stay focussed. But putting the 2.8mm from the 2432 onto the 2032 was difficult. The fit was very tight, had to focus it using pliers. But it works nonetheless.