Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW locks up

Reaction score
I recently bought 5 DS-2CD2432F-IW
Firmware VersionV5.2.5 build 141201
Encoding VersionV5.0 build 140714

I was able to set the IP address, change them to WiFi and get them running, but i find that they randomly seem to lock up and I can not Ping or log into them. I have them going to a Synology Ds214 to store the images. I am only doing Motion detection and not constant recording.

it happens to all the cams randomly. They are throughout a house, Basement, Garage, LivingRoom FamilyRoom, Kitchen. Even the camera close to the WiFi router have this issue. The only way i can fix them is to pollute power. Pulling the power is not ideal since i will be 500miles away and need them to work consistently.

I have them set as i the attachment.

Is there anything i can do to change this behavior?

thanks

John

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I would wire them up to test or the next time they lockup, reboot the router only...if this resolves the problem the issue may be the router...otherwise send them back.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If it's pretty frequent lockups on all cameras, can you pick a camera to experiment with and try it wired instead of WiFi?
On your box image - the 3rd line from the bottom usually has the firmware Rev in obvious numbers - yours doesn't have the usual format.
The reason for asking was to see if the label showed a later revision than that in the web GUI or prtHardInfo, which might suggest the cameras have had installed a seller-modified version which makes the camera masquerade as English, but also might make them unstable.
As you are not going to get into a 'language mismatch' problem with a Hikvision NVR, it might be worth installing the V5.2.5 that whoislooking published and linked to in another thread. I don't have a link to hand - need to have a hunt for it. This might fix the instability - at the expense of having Chinese menus. But that can be fixed too.

Reaction score
they are running 5.2.5.

Also I went to using the secondary stream at 640x480 and have had much better results. almost 24 hours with no lockups on them

John

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That suggests there may be an issue with network communications. These are very stable cameras.
WiFi can be very troublesome with real-time HD video streams.
Maybe a wired experiment would be good - you wouldn't want to stay on 640x480!

Reaction score
I set all the cameras to 640x480 and no lockups have happened in the last week. It might be a network issue, testing is gonna be hard, the cameras are now 500miles away. Also the lower resolution is fine for my purposes. I have the camera writing to a Synology DS214, that i have Cloudstation setup on so the video is downloaded to my system at home when it captures motion. being the smaller size works, the video files are smaller and download quickly. This way i have copies of everything in case something happens.