Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW sound issues iVMS-4500 app IOS and Android.

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I recently bought a Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW on aliexpress.

I am having sound problems on the IVMS-4500 app for IOS and Android.

I can't hear the camera audio unless i enable the microphone.

The audio works fine on my web browser Chrome and IE, I have the choice to enable the sound without turning the microphone on, so i'm just having problem on the app IVMS-4500.

My firmware version is v5.2.0 build 140721

Thank you!

Attachments

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
On your first screenshot, audio is enabled, but the mic is not turned on... You mean that on the first screenshot you can not hear any audio?

I tried it on Android and it does work fine. Maybe it is a bug with iVMS-4500 for iOS.

SavvyChimp

n3wb
Reaction score
Were you every able to figure out this issue? I am having the same problem, I get no audio unless I enable the mic and there was even a iVMS-4500 app update for IOS but it did not resolve the issue.

jordanb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My cam working ok on 5.2.0, although I get hellish feedback on it using ivms on IOS to solve I had to use tinycam monitor pro version on android

ssregitoss

n3wb
Reaction score
it could be codec problem.if you are choosing mp2l2 codec it will have problem with 2 way audio.

scottd9000

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a way to get the audio to work in Blue Iris?

I have two of these cameras and I can't get the app to work with audio. Does IP Cam Viewer work with these cams?

What ports did you forward to get the iVMS-4500 app so work externally?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a way to get the audio to work in Blue Iris?

I have two of these cameras and I can't get the app to work with audio. Does IP Cam Viewer work with these cams?

What ports did you forward to get the iVMS-4500 app so work externally?
Yes the audio does work with blue iris..if you are running wifi you need a solid connection as it seems to prioritize video..
For ivms-4500 you only need to forward port 8000 (media port)

SavvyChimp

n3wb
Reaction score
it could be codec problem.if you are choosing mp2l2 codec it will have problem with 2 way audio.
Oh I had some hope for a sec but verified that my audio encoding is set to G.711ulaw and I just tested with some of the other options but still no audio output in iOS unless I enable the Mic.

SavvyChimp

n3wb
Reaction score
Oh I had some hope for a sec but verified that my audio encoding is set to G.711ulaw and I just tested with some of the other options but still no audio output in iOS unless I enable the Mic.
Just upgraded my firmware to 5.2.3 and I still have the same problem. The issue is almost exactly as described in the link you provided except I am can enable the speaker icon via live view but still don't get audio unless I enable the mic just like what is happening in iVMS-4500.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe it's me that's confused, in which case apologies.
I'm assuming 'getting audio' means receiving sound from the camera.
I'd have thought that you wouldn't get audio 'unless you enable the mic'. Presumably the mic on the camera.

SavvyChimp

n3wb
Reaction score
Maybe it's me that's confused, in which case apologies.
I'm assuming 'getting audio' means receiving sound from the camera.
I'd have thought that you wouldn't get audio 'unless you enable the mic'. Presumably the mic on the camera.
You should be able to hear the audio being captured by the camera when you click speaker icon with out having to click on the mic icon. You only click on the mic icon to enable two-way audio back to the camera.

Anyways I figured it out the problem with the help of some peoples suggestions pointing me in the right direction. First I am using a Mac with Safari and even with the web components installed you can click the speaker icon and not get audio and if you click the mic icon you get an error. Now this was not working in Windows for me ether until I updated to firmware 5.2.3 and adjusted the input volume to 75% from 50%. So right way I got excited thinkinh this is resolved but again no audio in iVMS-4500. It looks like iVMS-4500 uses the sub stream and not the main stream and my camera was configured to video only on the sub stream so I changed that to video&audio and what do know, problem resolved.

max.turcan

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys, I know the thread is a bit old but I think I might have found a solution. If you pick the "clear" video image option from the ivms-4500 / HD menu then you will hear the audio. It works for me all the time.
I hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
You should be able to hear the audio being captured by the camera when you click speaker icon with out having to click on the mic icon. You only click on the mic icon to enable two-way audio back to the camera.

Anyways I figured it out the problem with the help of some peoples suggestions pointing me in the right direction. First I am using a Mac with Safari and even with the web components installed you can click the speaker icon and not get audio and if you click the mic icon you get an error. Now this was not working in Windows for me ether until I updated to firmware 5.2.3 and adjusted the input volume to 75% from 50%. So right way I got excited thinkinh this is resolved but again no audio in iVMS-4500. It looks like iVMS-4500 uses the sub stream and not the main stream and my camera was configured to video only on the sub stream so I changed that to video&audio and what do know, problem resolved.

+1 on setting Video & Audio on the Substream! Thanks!