Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW Time Sync Issue with Flir (Dahua) NVR

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have two of these cams, one Chinese the other US firmware (latest) and both are not displaying the correct time on the OSD. I can get the correct time (Pacific Daylight Time) temporarily by syncing to the computer time or NTP but it's connected to my NVR and it automatically syncs all connected cameras every few hours. My other 7 cameras always have the correct time. What seems to be happening is the NVR while syncing is resetting the Hiks to GMT - 12:00 International Date Line West instead of the originally set GMT - 8:00 Pacific Time (USA&Canada). This results in it being an hour off. Can anyone help me fix this? I need to keep it connected to NVR for recording, push alerts, viewing and centralized management and obviously need accurate time.

Last edited by a moderator:

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have two of these cams, one Chinese the other US firmware (latest) and both are not displaying the correct time on the OSD. I can get the correct time (Pacific Daylight Time) temporarily by syncing to the computer time or NTP but it's connected to my NVR and it automatically syncs all connected cameras every few hours. My other 7 cameras always have the correct time. What seems to be happening is the NVR while syncing is resetting the Hiks to GMT - 12:00 International Date Line West instead of the originally set GMT - 8:00 Pacific Time (USA&Canada). This results in it being an hour off. Can anyone help me fix this? I need to keep it connected to NVR for recording, push alerts, viewing and centralized management and obviously need accurate time.
Bump.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I had this problem with a Dahua NVR and a Hik camera. I ended up turning off the feature on the NVR that set the cameras time once a day.

bacus

n3wb
Reaction score
I had the same issue of the time being an hour adrift, but with different cameras to yours (DS-2CD2142FWD-I). What I found was that I had to login to the camera, go to Configuration, Settings, System Settings, Time Settings and turn off NTP by selecting Manual Time Sync and then 'Save' of course. I have the same time zone set in both cameras and NVR, but not sure if this is relevant.

I dont know if this will work for you, but thought I'd mention it just in case. Best of luck.

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had the same issue of the time being an hour adrift, but with different cameras to yours (DS-2CD2142FWD-I). What I found was that I had to login to the camera, go to Configuration, Settings, System Settings, Time Settings and turn off NTP by selecting Manual Time Sync and then 'Save' of course. I have the same time zone set in both cameras and NVR, but not sure if this is relevant.

I dont know if this will work for you, but thought I'd mention it just in case. Best of luck.
Thanks for the reply. I have NTP off and I have checked manual sync and saved it but it drifts back an hour the next time the NVR syncs the cameras. My Dahua's and Flir's all keep the time accurately. It's just my four HIKS that have this problem. I've even tried turning off DST in the 4 cameras but it resets it after NVR sync. Very annoying.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's annoying, but could you have the NVR *not* sync the cameras, and just setup the cameras individually do to NTP themselves?

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's annoying, but could you have the NVR *not* sync the cameras, and just setup the cameras individually do to NTP themselves?
The Flir NVR (made by Dahua) doesn't let me turn off syncing with the cameras. Sounds like your NVR lets you do that. Where do you see that on/off feature, PSS? If so which screen?