Hikvision DS-2CD2542FWD-IWS 4MP Built-in Mic Wifi indoor Dome Camera, night Vision Grainy not work

tester2

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys I need your help, I upgrade to latest firmware on my -[2.8mm] Hikvision DS-2CD2542FWD-IWS 4MP Built-in Mic Wifi indoor Dome Camera , after this NIGHT VISION is completely not working at all. Hikvision video is grainy at night. Please let me know is this HARDWARE ISSUE of FIRMWARE ISSUE.

Currently I have in my Camera this Firmware IPC_R6_EN_STD_5.5.53_180730 ,
And I try every single setting and none of then bring back NIGHT VISION on this Camera.

And I put firmware in C:\digicap.dav , still OLD FIRMWARE is not going to UPDATE on this Camera. Please let me know How to UPLOAD Old Firmware on this Camera.

And how I can go back to older version of firmware IPC_R6_EN_STD_5.4.0_160401 on this Camera, please let me know, I will give a try to this Old Firmware.

Please have a look in Photo.

1--I Factory Reset whole Camera, as well SOFT FACTORY RESET & HARD FACTORY RESET, this does not fix my issue.

Hopefully waiting for your reply.

Thanks

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
after this NIGHT VISION is completely not working at all.
Hard to tell - but it looks like the IR is off.
Do you see the IR LEDs illuminated at night?

Does the camera / firmware version have the ability to disable the IR, like this :
upload_2018-12-27_16-16-14.png

tester2

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your fast reply to my thread,
yes that IR is enabled by default in my Camera, and I can Disable also, please look in photo.
And yes all Red LEDs glow in Dark and look like all RED Dots both side around Lance,

I tested to see if night vision is working as I select "Night" , after this I can see BLACK & WHITE Picture, but the problem I am having is that when there is very little light in the environment, the video that is being recorded or when I look at the live view, the picture is GRAINY and the video is filled with little dots and makes it hard to see the picture. How am I able to fix this problem?

And I already Re-Update the Latest Firmware by connecting ETHERNET Wire to my Laptop, still I am facing the same Problem as Picture is GRAINY.

Attachments

Last edited:

tester2

n3wb
Reaction score
If IR filter is Stuck, so I like to know How I should Fix it.

And is this SOFTWARE ISSUE or HARDWARE ISSUE.

If it is Software issue, how I should fix it. Because when I select "Night" then it is showing Black & White picture.

...Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If IR filter is Stuck, so I like to know How I should Fix it.

And is this SOFTWARE ISSUE or HARDWARE ISSUE.

If it is Software issue, how I should fix it. Because when I select "Night" then it is showing Black & White picture.

...Thanks
Search

tester2

n3wb
Reaction score
is there any Hardware issue in this Camera, I try to soft hit by hand to this camera, still still that IR filter is stuck, is there any other advice..

thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I try to soft hit by hand to this camera, still still that IR filter is stuck, is there any other advice.
You need a sharp tap on 2 sides at 90 degrees with something light that will not damage the case, such as the head of a small screwdriver.

tester2

n3wb
Reaction score
I try to TAP on Head & then on right side at 90 degree, still that IR Filter Stuck over there.

So I like to know, How to open this Camera and Physically how I should move that IR Cut Filter inside this Camera.

If any body knows any Video, How to Open this camera and Move IR Cut Filter by my Hand, then I will give a try to this.

please let me know, how to open and how it look like IR cut filter in this Camera.

hopefully waiting for your help in this fix

thanks

Last edited: