Hikvision DS-2CD2642FWD-IZS alarm out

sammmy

n3wb
Reaction score
just purchased Hikvision DS-2CD2642FWD-IZS camera.but have been having trouble with the alarm output.
Can not find any information on the electrical characteristics of the alarm out.
What type is the output is? i.e. relay dry contact or semiconductor transistor type?
- Max and Minimum voltage that can be switched?
- Maximum current that can be switched?
The above information it would be greatly appreciated. In addition to the above I have not been able to find any information regarding how exactly the output should be connected in order to drive an external device such as a relay, siren, light etc.
Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
You'd be pretty safe connecting it to an opto-isolator. Low enough current needing to be switched, just a few mA, and no issue with excess voltage.
We did see the specs on here ages back, and I don't recall the fine detail except it was a solid-state pull-down output.

sammmy

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks
I have tested the output with a multimeter, while turning the alarm output on/off manually from the web interface and see no noticeable change in the output resistance.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
no noticeable change in the output resistance.
You'd have to have the output polarity when doing a multimeter resistance test the right way round - the alarm out would be to the positive of the multimeter, assuming when measuring resistance the red lead becomes positive.
What value of resistance did you measure?