Hikvision DS-2CD2942F Mini 1.6mm Fisheye Indoor Dome Security 4MP IP Camera

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hikvision DS-2CD2942F Mini 1.6mm Fisheye Indoor Dome Security 4MP IP Camera

• Extreme wide angle fisheye field of view for viewing a large area with one camera
  • Indoor Rated Only
  • 1.6mm Fisheye Lens
  • SD Card Slot of onboard storage option
  • Small compact low profile design
  • 4MP Resolution
  • POE or 12V DC (power supply not included)
  • Spec Sheet Attached
  • $249.99 Retail

PM / Call / Email for $15 off

rodaniel@nellyssecurity.com

Attachments

Last edited:

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
This fisheye is a 180 degree view vs a 360 on the others. For the price it's good if you are trying to capture a hall or long narrow room.

It appears as more of an oval vs a circle before dewarping.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Does it provide dewarped streams for 3rd party apps like Blue Iris, or do you need Hikvision's proprietary software to dewarp the video?

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
That's a good question. I don't have BlueIris so I'm not sure yet. Maybe a fellow IPCTer can provide an answer?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That's a good question. I don't have BlueIris so I'm not sure yet. Maybe a fellow IPCTer can provide an answer?
If the camera does the dewarping then blue iris can likely display the stream - if its broken down into multiple independent streams, but you will lose functions like eptz...you can always test it with the demo version http://blueirissoftware.com/download/

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
The camera can dewarp through it's own web interface so I bet it will work through blueiris. Once I get a chance to test it I'll let you know!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If Hikvision designed it properly, then even eptz could work. I think most cameras have a PTZ api that allows you to specify a channel number, so that eptz commands would be able to affect one stream but not the others. But I've never owned a fisheye because I've never found one that does the dewarping on the camera; it is always done in software by the client, whether that be in a browser plugin or in a desktop application.

What I want is one that I can mount on my ceiling and have it encode a 360 degree panoramic stream so I can save it in Blue Iris :)

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I installed hikvision complete 360 fisheye last week. Trying to fi gu re how to record complete stream through nvr, only does the circle. I can watch all the streams on nvms client though

basman2n

n3wb
Reaction score
I installed hikvision complete 360 fisheye last week. Trying to fi gu re how to record complete stream through nvr, only does the circle. I can watch all the streams on nvms client though
Hi pal251,

I have exactly the problem with the DS zelde 2CD2942F beautiful camera but I would also like to see four obvious streams on my recorder DS-7608NI-E2 / 8P / A.
it seems to me that normally should be able to do?
I am wondering if it is managed by other users?

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I figured out how to do it the other day. When you add it on your nvr pick custom add or whatever and put in the information for it. Then on I believe it's called channel portion pick all the other numbers. I have all of them on my nvr now, or clients I mean.

If you need more specific let me know.

Anyone try this with a Dahua? Would like this for one of my clients but they have all Dahua or eyesurv

basman2n

n3wb
Reaction score
I figured out how to do it the other day. When you add it on your nvr pick custom add or whatever and put in the information for it. Then on I believe it's called channel portion pick all the other numbers. I have all of them on my nvr now, or clients I mean.

If you need more specific let me know.

Anyone try this with a Dahua? Would like this for one of my clients but they have all Dahua or eyesurv
Hi,

thanks for your quick response but I understand not completely, would you explain it more extensive and in steps.
What I also noticed is that I only got a substream of the fisheye on my recorder and not the main stream, as well as suffer from?
Thanks in advance.

greeting bas

andyk1

n3wb
Reaction score
Wonder if this Camera does Onvif as I haven't been able to find any info on it. Can it work on other NVR's? Just wondering.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't know if it can do any other nvrs, I have a few dahua that I would like to try it with. Are you remotely adding it or local on the machine itself

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey @pal251, what was the model number of the NVR you added the fisheye cam to? Also, were you able to get the dewarped streams to come through on the NVR? I tested with an old 7608-SE the other day and wasn't able to get it to dewarp.

Last edited by a moderator:

andyk1

n3wb
Reaction score
Bummer. A bit confused by the spec's. 180 or so deg and 108 deg. So doesn't do a full 360 from the center of a ceiling or Porch?

basman2n

n3wb
Reaction score
HI I HAVE CONTACT WITH HIKVISION AND THIS IS WHAT THEY SAY....

Hi Sir,

-2CD2942F doesn’t support the 5 streams; only Mainstream and Substream

-The Substream is available on live view screen via web browser or via Ivms 4200.

With kind regards,

Lounis Ait arab
Technical Support Engineer