HIKVISION DS-2CD3132F - General HIkvision Wifi Question

JohnnyL

n3wb
Reaction score
I am using a couple of HIKVISION DS-2CD3132F-IWS but am having issues with Wifi - does anyone have any images of the internals of these cameras and where the Antenna is located on them?

I did find a Russian page with a few images, but was not able to work out if it was possible to add an external antenna if they have a U.FL IPX connector onboard.

In general to Hikvision use the same Wifi components, if anyone has an image of what a Hikvision typically has for Wifi connection, that might also help.

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am using a couple of HIKVISION DS-2CD3132F-IWS but am having issues with Wifi - does anyone have any images of the internals of these cameras and where the Antenna is located on them?

I did find a Russian page with a few images, but was not able to work out if it was possible to add an external antenna if they have a U.FL IPX connector onboard.

In general to Hikvision use the same Wifi components, if anyone has an image of what a Hikvision typically has for Wifi connection, that might also help.

Thanks
Wifi is not reliable for security cameras.

Reaction score

Thanks
Are you using to wifi for a live image to a NVR? I have a setup using wifi at a distant building but I have the cameras wired to a switch and a wireless bridge back to the house. I am also doing edge recording with these two cameras. Would this be something you could do?

daka

n3wb
Reaction score

Thanks
Hi JohnnyL,
I have the same cam, with very poor wifi performance. The distance between the router and the camera is approx. 3 meter. Only obstacle is a brick wall. I opened the camera and see that the (embedded) antenna is this model: Airgain model N2430GNSM. More info: http://www.airgain.com/profile-N2430GNSM
I'm no expert, but it might be possible to solder a better antenna to the camera.
In the meantime I'm also trying to pull a network cable to the camera. Looking for the easiest way to make the camera operational.
Cheers,
Daka

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi JohnnyL,
I have the same cam, with very poor wifi performance. The distance between the router and the camera is approx. 3 meter. Only obstacle is a brick wall. I opened the camera and see that the (embedded) antenna is this model: Airgain model N2430GNSM. More info: http://www.airgain.com/profile-N2430GNSM
I'm no expert, but it might be possible to solder a better antenna to the camera.
In the meantime I'm also trying to pull a network cable to the camera. Looking for the easiest way to make the camera operational.
Cheers,
Daka
Hi Daka
What did you end up doing with the antenna? Have similar issue with mine - only few meters away and get ping response times up to 2500 ms =(
Thinking about WiFi bridge, but that is yet another component to worry about (if it breaks) under the roof space