Hikvision DS-2CD4324FWD-IZHS8 firmware update 5.3.0 out of focus

bfordz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
We have 5 of the DS-2CD4324FWD-IZHS8 cameras, I upgraded the firmware on 2 of them from 5.2.0 to 5.3.0 without any problems.

When I upgraded the 3rd camera, all seemed to go well but now the picture / view is out of focus and I can't get it back into focus via the web console. Am I going to have to go to the physical camera or won't that help either.

Has anyone else had this issue and does anyone have any advise?

I tried the next firmware upgrade 5.3.4 hoping that might have a fix in it but didn't help.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if it has the motorised zoom you'll need to default the camera for it to kick back in.

bfordz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
whoslooking,

Thank you for the reply, I defaulted the camera, didn't change my problem although to get it to focus I have to change my zoom settings / field of view(?).
If I keep the original zoom position I can't focus the camera, if I zoom in until it focuses I'll have to re-aim my camera.

My other two (same model) cameras didn't have a problem with the update. Then again the zoom level on those two is at a different level (closer/zoomed in).

My other problem is that since I did the upgrade on this camera, it won't connect to our NVR - DS-9632NI-ST V3.1.3build 141202.
The other two cameras upgraded fine and reconnected to our NVR without any problems.

I'm beginning to wonder if there isn't a glitch in this camera.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does sound strange, but Ice had the same issue on a ptz, what fixed that was reinstalling the firmware via tftp but I had to take it down with was a pain as it 12metres up

bfordz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
whoslooking,

Thank you for that info., yeah, taking it down, not going to be my favorite thing but if I can't get it to focus better I'll have to re-aim it anyway. So, I guess I'm getting a lift for this project.
Also, if I can't get it to reconnect to our NVR, I'll be looking to replace this unit.

Reinstall firmware via tftp?
Do you have or can you point me to some instructions for that?

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
your find the tftp in the downgrader at the top of the hikvision forum page on in my signature below, you could try updating it via the camerasame Web page.

bfordz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you for your input; my only problem is my camera is POE only, I don't have an external PS and the external PS plug has been cut off.
Not sure if they come that way or if the installer cut it off.

I don't have a separate POE switch I can do this with. If I run this on my current switch(POE), won't it try to update all my cameras?
I have 14 cameras plugged into this switch(where I have an available Pc).

I'll keep working on this...

bfordz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
whoslooking,

Thank for the suggestion to update the firmware via tftp, I finally brought in my laptop to be able to do that update. It worked, kinda of!

The instructions I found mentioned 'waiting' until the server said update completed, I didn't get that message. But after opening the SADP tool I found the camera to have a new IP address, assuming the update completed.
The camera is now talking with the NVR, so I reinstalled the camera but I'm still having the issues with the zoom / focusing.

If I zoom out to get a wider field of view I can't focus the camera. So, right now I'm losing some of my field of view that I had but at least it's recording.
Based on the way it got mounted I'm looking into a different mount.
Currently mounted directly to the side of a wall, so my side to side adjustment that I need is limited. I would like to find a wall mount so that it's mounted vertical(hanging).

Thank you again for the tftp suggestion. You helped save an otherwise useless camera (not cheap) camera.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There is always a point when the camera can't focus on the zoom, this is down to the lens size and not a focusing fault, you just have to back up a little to regain the focus.

jim jordan

n3wb
Reaction score
We have 5 of the DS-2CD4324FWD-IZHS8 cameras, I upgraded the firmware on 2 of them from 5.2.0 to 5.3.0 without any problems.

When I upgraded the 3rd camera, all seemed to go well but now the picture / view is out of focus and I can't get it back into focus via the web console. Am I going to have to go to the physical camera or won't that help either.

Has anyone else had this issue and does anyone have any advise?

I tried the next firmware upgrade 5.3.4 hoping that might have a fix in it but didn't help.
Hi There,
Do you by any chance still have the 5.3 firmware? I did a big mistake by upgrading from 5.2 to 5.4 and my camera does not work anymore. I can't find the 5.3 anywhere. Thank you.

timb999

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Note to self...try not to upgrade any camera firmware unless absolutely necessary! Didn’t realise people had so many issues after upgrading with Hikvision. Luckily the few times I have done it, it has been fine, but I guess the mantra should be that if it ain’t broke then it doesn’t need fixing...or upgrading :)

Good luck with your issues.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi There,
Do you by any chance still have the 5.3 firmware? I did a big mistake by upgrading from 5.2 to 5.4 and my camera does not work anymore. I can't find the 5.3 anywhere. Thank you.
What model of camera?
If a Chinese R0 model - an update to the stock EN 5.3.0 or higher will 'brick' the camera.
But it can be converted to EN and fully updated using this method :
Unbrick and fully upgrade your R0 / DS-2CD2x32 IP cameras -
R0 / DS-2CD2x32 BrickfixV2 brick recovery and full upgrade tool - enhanced.

**edit** Lots of older firmware versions here : Hikvision | IP Cam Talk

jim jordan

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

My camera is bricked and the recovery steps do not help. It originally came with 5.2 and I can't find anything below 5.3.