Hikvision DS-2CD4D26FWD Ultra Low Light (Darkfigther) Experience?

dabert

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone have this ultra low light varifocal dome and can shed some light on how it is performing?

Looking at the specs (0.002 Lux) and its features, it seems to be a good deal compared to say the DS-2CD4526FWD which - on paper - seems to have the same specs.

From what I can gather,it offers line crossing and intrusion detection while the 4526 offers more in this regard.

Any input would be appreciated!

dabert

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your input cctvnerd.

Just installed one myself yesterday and so far, I am very pleased with the new dome format / dome cover and the new mount (even though it limits you to 2 positions for attaching the dome body to the wall mount when using one). Also the loss of the pigtail makes it easier to install (I do not use the sound and alarm inputs/outputs or the 12V as I have POE).

I especially like the motor zoom / auto iris which work great together. The picture itself is up to par with my other 3 and 4 MP cams (which I run mostly on 1920/1080).

One thing I am not so impressed with yet are the "darkfighter" capabilities and the EXIR lights - this may have to do with my mounting position (under a roof, looking alongside a white wall) and/or my settings as I am still playing around with that.

Yesterday, my "darkfighter" cam switched to IR /BW about 30 min later compared to the other cams but returned to color a few minutes after my other cams (all with a sensitivity set to auto and "4"). Initially I thought I can do away with my separate IR light over the entrance door (which the cam is watching in a distance of ~7m while being zoomed in to 12mm) but I think I will keep that around.

All in all a good cam which I am happy with. Not sure if the price difference compared to say a 2742 is justified or not (apart from the very good motor zoom / auto iris). It does however come with a bunch of additional behaviour analysis pattern beyond line crossing and intrusion detection.

dabert

n3wb
Reaction score
Interested in your opinion Jamil - out does in terms of what exactly?

Jamil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
People have had a lot of issues with the 2742 as they steam up when installed outside. I am a supplier of Hikvision and these products always seem to come back even tho they are installed correctly.

Regards

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
People have had a lot of issues with the 2742 as they steam up when installed outside. I am a supplier of Hikvision and these products always seem to come back even tho they are installed correctly.
Interesting.
I had that model on my wish list.
What sort of numbers are you talking about?

Jamil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I say a third of these cameras.

However I know you are quite familiar with Hikvision. Its just the problems I have encountered, you have to bare in mind that not all my customers are professional installers.

Hope that information is meaningful to you; and if you have any information on how I can prevent this will be appreciated?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I say a third of these cameras.
That's massive.
It sounds like a model to avoid then.
if you have any information on how I can prevent this will be appreciated?
With the camera itself being very well sealed, the only entry point is via the cable pigtails.
So 'self-amalgamating tape', the joint protected from the weather, and a drip loop would be preventive measures.

Jamil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes we have tried that. So this is the reason I don't really like selling them at all unless they are internal use.

Another bad camera is the DS-2CD2542FWD-I god forbid don't install these outside.