hikvision DS-2DE2202-DE3

HackitZ

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi I figured i should start a new thread as i'm not able to resolve the issue and having it sit in another post not related seemed like a waste.
So hear goes.
I have 2 ptz cameras (3 static as well with no issues), here's the model DS-2DE2202-DE3.
They were connected to a trendnet tpe-tg80g, the connections were slow and so was the ptz control. i also have 3 static hikvision cameras that seem to work fine.
So after months of waiting i bought this poe ipcampower ipcp-8p2g-at.
Now what was going on is other than the cameras being slow and unresponsive, they froze. i let them sit there not working for a bout 2 months. i have had the new poe for about 2 weeks.
so i reset the ptz cameras to factory default. i opened sadp, and the cameras show as inactive, i select the camera and get the option to enter the new password. i do and now the camera says active. so i then change the ip and default gateway to my setup and save. It now works.
So i log into the gui and make my changes and save. it's working.
So here is the fun part, after about 3 hours to 12 hours or a reboot the camera freezes. while it's not working i can see it in sadp, but it comes and goes, i can not make any changes (like changing the ip) as it times out. i can also ping the camera with no packet lose. but no picture in blue iris and i can't login to the gui. i have to reset it to do anything.
I have done this about 6 times and still it freezes. so i'm now at a lose of what to do.
I did contact the seller and ask for help and it's not really going anywhere, any advice they offer i have tried. but it is running a hacked version of firmware so i simple upgrade of the firmware is out.
But maybe from the camera not working with my original poe caused the firmware to get corrupt? could this be?
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
If more info is needed let me know.
oh yeah, all my runs from the poe to cameras are about 70 feet, they are all connected with cat5e store bought cables, each cable is 100 feet.

Last edited:

HackitZ

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok so i have moved one of the cameras inside to trouble shoot.
I'm now using a 5 foot cat6 shielded cable.
I can reset the camera and put my settings back in ok.
but after about 10 minutes it stops working, in firefox i get this error, network abnormal.

HackitZ

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What was the cable specification - wire gauge, solid copper, stranded copper, copper-clad aluminium etc?
I honestly don't know, the cable i'm using now says.
csa 204790 cmg 75c ft4 etl verified tia/eia-568-b 2-1 utp cat6 rohs compliance

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Take the camera down and set it up for 48 hours indoors with a new cat5 cable. If it happens again connect it to a new poe source or connect to 12v power. If it still happens with a new cable and power source it most likely the camera. You're going to have to play detective, good luck ! Also alway get your ip cameras for a static ip and reserve the ip in your router.

tf9623

n3wb
Reaction score
Make sure that you have no ipV6 on the subnet. I had that happen once a long time ago with my first hacked cameras. Turn off any ipV6 and see what happens. Just having ipV6 RA and DHCP would cause issues. This may or may not apply in this case.

HackitZ

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
thanks, that was it. cameras are now working.