Hikvision DS-2DE3304W-DE, PTZ not working

Erik80

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all

My first post on the forum.

I have trouble configuring my new DS-2DE3304W-DE PTZ camera in BI. Video streams fine but I cannot get the PTZ to work. PTZ works perfectly when I use the native Hikvision app (both locally and remote outside LAN using only port 8000).

My setup in BI is as follows:

Network IP camera configuration
Address: http://<local ip>:8000
Make: Hikvision
Model: DS-2DExxx RTSP

PTZ/Control tab
Network IP: Hikvision/Abus
I have tried toggling "Use another ip/port" using 8000 w/o success

Camera firmware: V5.5.2 build 170929

Pls help. My wife is getting tired of me "working on the cameras" every night :)

Many thanks

/E

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am having this exact same issue, still looking for a resolution
first, the port in the OP is not correct...use 80 not 8000 like the op used...if that does not work
try using find inspect and selecting Onvif in the ptz dropdown...

otciii

n3wb
Reaction score
Appreciate your reply. I changed it to 80 and no change. Then I did as you suggested and did the "inspecting" feature in the video tab. Blue Iris then changes the make/model to the RTSP camera from the hikvision camera.

Here is a link to an imgur album of screenshots

Thank you again

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Appreciate your reply. I changed it to 80 and no change. Then I did as you suggested and did the "inspecting" feature in the video tab. Blue Iris then changes the make/model to the RTSP camera from the hikvision camera.

Here is a link to an imgur album of screenshots

Thank you again
looks like you are running blue iris 3....upgrade to 4...your problems will be solved...

shepscrook

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you ever get this working by the way? I've got he same camera but I'm on BlueIris 4.X and I cannot get PTZ working.

shepscrook

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you tried the suggestions above... What version exactly are you running
I started my own thread for the same issue as I don't want to hijack his thread.

UPDATE:
========
I did find that using the Hikvision DS-2DE220I-AE option in BlueIris does get it so the PTZ does work, but the response time is horrible with BlueIris. However, the controls are accurate. I can use the BlueIris controls and watch the iVMS-4200 view change immediately. But it's a good 5-10 second lag for the image to update with BI. It's a start at least.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I started my own thread for the same issue as I don't want to hijack his thread.

UPDATE:
========
I did find that using the Hikvision DS-2DE220I-AE option in BlueIris does get it so the PTZ does work, but the response time is horrible with BlueIris. However, the controls are accurate. I can use the BlueIris controls and watch the iVMS-4200 view change immediately. But it's a good 5-10 second lag for the image to update with BI. It's a start at least.
The delay points to a networking issue... Is the blue iris computer plugged into the same switch as the cameras? or is it plugged into the router?

Last edited:

Bill92879

n3wb
Reaction score
Just got this cam, same issue. It won't pan or tilt in BI, zooms OK. PTZ works fine in browser. Can defaults to port 8000 and won't let you reset it to 80. It gives a port range error. I have tried everything like the others.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just got this cam, same issue. It won't pan or tilt in BI, zooms OK. PTZ works fine in browser. Can defaults to port 8000 and won't let you reset it to 80. It gives a port range error. I have tried everything like the others.
port 8000 is never used by BI..its the media port for hikvision apps...it is most likely a setting error...post your settings. as you can see the user above got it to work...

dlowe

n3wb
Reaction score
I was having the same issue and resolved it. First, did you change the default http port on the cam. If you did or not sure, open the cam's web page, go to configuration, network, basic settings, then port. What is your HTTP port? I changed mine to 9080.

Example:
upload_2018-3-9_17-48-27.png

Once you verify the port go back to Blue Iris and open the cam settings (I am running BI 4.7.1.0). On the PTZ/Control tab make sure Network IP is "Hikvision DS-2DE5220I-AE". Check the "Use another ip/port" and enter the HTTP port number you verified. Click OK to save the settings and it should work.

Example:
upload_2018-3-9_17-52-33.png

Lag all depends on the network but you might be able to change the speed (see bottom right above) to better the performance.

Hope this helps :wave:

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just fought this problem. It was resolved by selecting DS-2DE220I-AE in the PTZ section - Thanks shepscrook. I had previously installed 2 other cams (same model) and didn't have this problem. Must have been introduced with a firmware upgrade.