Hikvision DS-2DE4220-A with patrol turned on

wilric

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have the Hikvision setup with 6 preset positions and then created a patrol which tells the camera to proceed to the presets at a specific speed and stay at each one for a specified time.
This seems to be working great for now but I am concerned if this will dramatically reduce the life of this camera.

Has anyone done this with there cameras and have any reliable life span. if it is still good for a few years i guess that couple be the price you pay. it would be nice to hear that 5-6 years is no problem

Thanks ~ Richard

Ookie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You answered your own question. Moving parts=potential for failure. Chinese quality control takes it to another level.

Honestly, I don't think that these have been out long enough for anyone to be able to tell you from experience. What I can say is that the PTZ stuff from even the super high end commercial manufacturers is prone to failure. I would probably get more fixed cams if you really need the patrol.

wilric

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, That is why i was concerned. I did send a support question to Hikvision and they responded with it has no effect on it. I was just hoping someone had some years of experience with these.
additional cameras are the correct answer.