Hikvision DS-7604-NI-E1 / 4P does not powering up Aevision cameras via POE

nexusspy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I have an IP camera from Aevision model AE-2AE2S-0406-VP and an Hikvision NVR model DS-7604-NI-E1 / 4P/A , both camera and NVR are claiming that supports POE.

The problem I have is that no matter how I'm trying to connect the camera to NVR via POE, the nvr does not see it. It doesn't even powering up the camera, meaning that the camera green led is off and there seems to be no link between nvr and cameras via utp cable.

I have tried to use an adaptor cable but is still not working.

The only way of connection them was to supply the camera via an external 12V, 2A supply through dedicated camera port, but this is not a solution for me.

How can I use this cameras with this nvr, but via POE from NVR ?

I also have connected to NVR a second camera model from Hikvision which works , but with AEVISION it doesn't.

Could it be that the POE protocols are different ?

I could not get more info from AEVISION site regarding this specific camera ... , I also sent an message to their support center but sincerely I don't expect too much support ... .

Any help ?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I expect the cameras aren't PoE is the problem especially as you have used another connector. There is a different PoE protocol but unless this is a big PTZ camera it won't need PoE+

I say this time and time and time again, if you have a Hikvision NVR then buy Hikvision cameras and vice-versa. Don't mix brands!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I cant find that camera on Aevision's website, this is the closest one I can find: http://www.aevision.com.cn/product1/show-263.html and it lists POE as OPTIONAL.. so you probably dont have PoE on this camera.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thats not a PoE camera, those are dumb injectors.. far from standard PoE

your supposed to put that adapter on both ends of the cable and hook a 12v power brick up inside.. your NVR will not power it, and if it tried it would fry it because its 48v

nexusspy

n3wb
Reaction score
@nayr : well, up to my knowledge, if the spec declare that the cam is POE compliant, then this should work with POE protocol, I don't see any problem. But, I agree with you, somehow, AEVISION does not support HIK NVR, ... somehow ... . I'm still a bit upset, I don't want to buy a separate POE injector for this, since both NVR and CAM claim that are POE compatible, in this case it seems that of the two providers are selling a product with incorect specs ... . I still have a hope that I'm doing something wrong .

@Del Boy : this is the current situation, sincerely I wasn't expecting this ... , but that's the current situation. The question is who is not respecting the POE standard ? HIKVISION or AEVISION ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That's not PoE as nayr says. Do not connect that to your NVR or there is a chance that it will provide a little 48V before turning that off and kill the camera completely!

Chalk it up to a bad experience but if you want to keep the NVR then get some Hikvision cameras for it.

nexusspy

n3wb
Reaction score
Guys,

I mean that I pay some money for some products which they claim to be compatible with a certain standard but they seems to not be ... or I'm missing some information ?
I cannot believe that, I'm still convinced that I'm doing something wrong, otherwise I'm in the position to be fooled by one of the biggest cam providers in the word ... .

Other opinions ?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can't believe a Chinese company lied to get a sale?

Biggest cam providers in the world. Who are you talking about? Hikvision hasn't lied here and AEVISION is not one of the biggest cam providers in the world. Far from it in fact.

nexusspy

n3wb
Reaction score
We are not talking about PoE vs PoE+ ... the power consumption of this cam is very low ...
I still believe that this is a matter of some settings which I should apply on my NVR, ... !, because in this case they would not be compliant with POE standard ... at least the one I was able to understand it . Come on ... :)
I cannot believe that !

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
then this should work with POE protocol, I don't see any problem.
Excuse me butting in, but those connectors are a dead giveaway!
You are in denial.
They are passive splitters.

If that's that's true, then AEVISION lies to us in the most ugliest possible way, I mean that I pay some money for some products which they claim to be compatible with a certain standard but they are far from achieving that ... .
You could actually call the arrangement 'PoE', even though it's a crude, passive PoE as opposed to a standards-based PoE, so strictly speaking they have not lied.
You are still in denial.

Post a link to the product description from the seller, and point out what 'standard' is claimed.
I'll bet you won't see 802.3af mentioned.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
By passive splitters what alastair means is that they take whatever power is in the line and feeds it to the DC plug.

802.3af PoE doesn't work that way. It is 48V. Active splitters take this 48V and step it down to 12V which is safe for the cameras. These splitters are either external or in the camera. In your case these external splitters are passive 100%. I'm actually opposed to the term passive PoE as it causes this confusion. It is lying, they know what they are saying and doing, PoE means 802.3af.

Edit: What are you going on about Aevision supplying to the European market? If you bought this within the EU (not importing it yourself) then get a refund. This is the first time Aevision has been mentioned on this forum ever.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
PoE is a generic term.. there are many competing implementations, passive PoE, Active PoE, Cisco Legacy, Ubiquiti PoE, 12v, 24v, 48v, and adnausium.. technically if you provide power over the network cable its PoE.

if you want standard PoE provided by your NVR it has to be 802.3af complaint, and you will not find any literature claiming that camera is compatible with 802.3af PoE

ps: i never heard of
AEVISION before this thread.. Ive been in this industry for a very long time.

nexusspy

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry guys,
In almost all sites it is mentioned "POE"

Eg:
http://www.emag.ro/camera-ip-2mp-1080p-aevision-cu-poe-ae-2ae2s-0406-vp/pd/DRTRRYBBM/
http://bigit.ro/camera-ip-2.4mp-cu-poe-aevision-ae-2ae2s-0406-vp.html
http://www.mallit.ro/produs--825235--Sound_Stil_Camere_de_supraveghere_Aevision_Camera_IP_2MP_1080P_Aevision_AE-2AE2S-0406-VP_cu_POE.html
https://lajumate.ro/camera-ip-24mp-cu-poe-aevision-ae-2ae2s-0406-vp-2089155.html
http://1cctv.allshops.ro/oferta-speciala/1849864/Camera+IP+2MP+1080P+Aevision+AE-2AE2S-0406-VP+cu+POE.html

without mentioning the POE version or what this particulary means ... .
I could not find any standard on their sites ... so I was expecting that this is generally speaking abouth powering the cams using generic NVR's , but this seems to not to be the case .

Sincerely, I was expecting that if a camera is "POE" and the NVR is also "POE" then this two would work smoothly ... but apparently POE means that in some cases that you need to power up the cam manually, with a separate supply.
Sorry, but that's not what I was expecting ... .

Best regards.

PS: Thank you for this very important info ...

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It sounds like you are no longer in denial ....
As @nayr says - the term PoE itself is generic, and means little unless the specific standard (de-facto or recognised or none at all) is specified.

nexusspy

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you a lot for your support !

Reaction score
I have a friend which has AEVision products both NVR and IPCameras
NVR 8 Channels POE AEVISION AE-N6100-8EP/48
6 IP Camers 1.3MP 960P exterior 4mm/6mm PoE Aevision AE-13AA2B-3606-VP

Specs of the NVR say 48V 2.5A input, and only mentioning 8 PoE ports.
Specs of the cameras say 12V 1A input.

He has the cameras connected directly to the NVR through ethernet without additional power supply to the camera.

NVR presentation

Camera presentation video

It looks like the camera has the same connector like @nexusspy attached.

He wants to be able to view the cameras remotely, get some alerts for Person identification (not face recognition just an alert that a person is on premises) and seek back time to see recorded videos.
With his current NVR he is able to view the cameras live, and view the recorded video. The NVR has an old firmware, but there is no update available so I might assume that it will not work with the current browsers in a couple of years.

I was thinking to getting him a NVR as it is mostly plug and play or use Blue Iris on a computer in the same network.

My questions are.
1. Are those cameras real PoE cameras ?
2. If he gets a Dahua or Hkvision NVR will it actually work with this cameras ?
3. How does it actually work if the cameras are not PoE ?

I can ask him to make some pictures with the connection at the cameras, to make sure he doesn't have any injectors.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Update:

The NVR outputs 12V on the Ethernet cable, it was measured with a volt meter.

Maybe I did not understood correctly what is the PoE output, but from the standard it states that the minimum is 44 VDC.

Last edited: