Hikvision DS-7604N-E1/4P firmware upgrade?

jbomba

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all i purchased a hikvsion nvr with multilanguage firmware from aliexpress a couple of years ago.The NVR has been working fine however 6 months ago i lost the email functionality. The resolution of the images the NVR sent were crap but id like to get back if possible. are there any guides out there on how to upgrade these things from what ive read its no easy task.

current firmware version is V3.3.4 build 150616

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
i purchased a hikvsion nvr with multilanguage firmware
Was the NVR sold as an 'upgradeable' version? If it's not clear - probably best left as-is, unless you want to get intimately involved with the system.
If so, the easiest way to upgrade firmware is to download a firmware choice from here : DOWNLOAD PORTAL
Unzip the file to get the digicap.dav into a folder on the PC not too deep down.

In the NVR web GUI, use the 'System | Maintenance | Upgrade menu to export both the Device and IPC configurations, then at Upgrade browse to the digicap.dav file and click the Upgrade button.
Watch carefully and note any errors.

jbomba

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi the NVR was sold as non upgradeable. Before I go loading firmware through the web GUI I was wondering if there was a way to take a dump of the current system? I've read about telnetting to the NVR however I don't think my firmware has telnet.