Hikvision DS 7604NI K1/4P

Reaction score
Hi Guys, the other day I did a reboot on my net. Following the reboot I’ve lost a visual from PoE cameras. Monitor shows “NoLink”. Then power is available as the IR lights come on, green and yellow LEDs on rear camera ports flashing. I’ve lost parameter settings in Menu- Camera- OSD, motion etc, upon selecting any of these option message pops up saying “Cameras not supported by this system”, something to this affect.
I’ve successfully upgraded to the latest software v3.4.103 yet this hasn’t rectified the issues. Something appears to be blocking the camera parameter settings.

Reaction score
hi guys, looking for assistance with my nvr. Did a reboot the other day cause I couldn’t get the remote network to connect. Following the rebooting lost all display. Neither of the cameras display on my monitor, just shows “no link”. Did a successful update to v3.4.103, this solved nothing. Within camera parameter setting error message “operation failed. No camera supports this function same with OSD, image, motion etc. has anyone got solutions, many thanks.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Suggestion:
In the NVR web GUI, under Camera Management, note down the IP addresses assigned to the cameras.
Connect your PC to an unused NVR PoE port and see what SADP shows for the connected cameras and their IP addresses.
SADP doesn't need the PC IP address to be changed to find Hikvision devices automatically.
SADP Tool

The idea being to see if there is a mismatch in the configuration.

Presumably you haven't unplugged the cameras and plugged them back in differently?
Do the link detect and traffic LEDs show on the back of the NVR PoE ports?

Reaction score
Hi Alistair, many thanks for responding. In the beginning I didn't unplug the cameras, but since all these issues they have been unplugged. I was always under the impression these cameras were simply plug and play PoE cameras, I didn't have to set anything up initially.
Anyway I'm going to carry out your instructions, I'll keep you posted.

So the nvr IP address is 192.168.2.64.
Port 2 (camera 2) IP address is 192.168.254.2.

What is this telling me? What should I do next?

Yes there is activity, both green and yellow LED's are lit and flash

Attachments

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, so far so good.
The cameras are only plug and play at the start.
Once the NVR has connected to them and activated them and configured them, they must stay in their original ports.

Suggest you figure which camera is which, by unplugging and seeing which one disappears from SADP, then matching it up with the IP address that's configured for the relevant port in the NVR and plugging it in to that port.

fullboogie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, so far so good.
The cameras are only plug and play at the start.
Once the NVR has connected to them and activated them and configured them, they must stay in their original ports.

Suggest you figure which camera is which, by unplugging and seeing which one disappears from SADP, then matching it up with the IP address that's configured for the relevant port in the NVR and plugging it in to that port.
Is this something specific to the K series NVR? I've got an I-series and have swapped the cameras around several times on the POE ports. No ill effects.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is this something specific to the K series NVR?
I don't believe so, it happens on the E-series as well.
I've got an I-series and have swapped the cameras around several times on the POE ports.
That surprises me - unless the PoE ports on the I-series are set up as a normal network switch.
So which channel do the cameras associate with after being swapped - the channel they are connected to, or the channel that has their IP address assigned to it?

fullboogie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After reordering the cables, the cameras associate with the new channel. So when I unplug camera 1 and move it to POE port 5, it shows up as camera 5. As my system grew from 3 cameras to 5, and then 8, I reordered them in the POE ports per the "zones" I was filling out which made the camera numbers easier to remember.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
OK - so does the NVR alter the moved camera IP address to match the IP address of the channel that the camera is now connected to?
You could imagine that as a helpful feature of the firmware when cameras have been shuffled around without awareness of the need to maintain the original connection.

fullboogie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have not looked at the settings to see if that's the case - I thought it was normal so I never dug deeper. I can experiment next weekend and let you know. I'll be out of town the rest of the week for work.

Reaction score
So I've shuffled the cameras from port to port on the rear of the nvr the IP addresses and ID never change, remember these are only PoE cameras not IP camera.
The biggest issue I'm have is no camera display and non of the Camera Management options like OSD, Image, Motion work following the reboot I did about week back. The moment I select for example OSD an error message pops up saying "operation failed. No camera supports this function", this worked before I rebooted the nvr.

I've done several Default restores from 1. Simply restore settings, 2. Restore all parameters to default settings, 3. Restore the device to inactive status, nothing is working.

Any suggestions, TIA.

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
remember these are only PoE cameras not IP camera.
They are definitely IP cameras, powered over PoE.

I've done several Default restores from 1. Simply restore settings, 2. Restore all parameters to default settings, 3. Restore the device to inactive status, nothing is working.
Another suggestion:
Set the PC IP address to one in the range that the NVR PoE ports are using, for example 192.168.254.100
Connect the PC to an unused NVR PoE port.
Start SADP and observe the status of the cameras.
Connect the IE11 browser to one of the cameras, say the one on 192.168.254.2 and log in as admin.
Under the maintenance menu, reset the camera to default settings, allow it to reboot.
You should see it show as 'Inactive' in SADP for a short while.
Hopefully when it reboots, the NVR will activate the camera in Plug & Play mode.

Reaction score
This becoming quite technical.
  • Set the PC IP address to one in the range that the NVR PoE ports are using, for example 192.168.254.100. How and where do I set the PC IP address? On the PC itself or on the NVR?
  • What is the IE11 browser? Internet Explorer 11? I've have this set as my default already.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The PC IP address can be set under the network connections configuration. This varies with the version of Windows. Google has lots of how-tos on that.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Alastair, unfortunately the instructions above did not work.
Which part of the instructions?

Did you change the PC IP address as suggested?

Did SADP find the cameras and what was the status?

Did you manage to log in to the camera using Internet Explorer 11?

Did you manage to reset a camera to default settings and did SADP show the camera as 'Inactive'??

Reaction score
Followed instructions from youtube to change PC IP address, found cameras, clicked on camera but would not connect therefore did not manage to reset a camera