HIKVISION DS-7608N-E2/8P Bricked

Mopar

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I am working on a customers bricked HIKVISION DVR unit. He was having disconnect issues and read it could be fixed with a firmware upgrade. He flashed it via usb port and now it is stuck in a boot loop. I have attempted to connect to it via TFTP with no avail. I am on a windows 10 machine, set my IPV4 to 192.0.0.128 and could only get the device to ping. It would not initate any form of communication. After doing some digging, I found out that the device the customer ordered is a chinese product and not a U.S variant, which explains why the flash failed. I am ordering a TTL serial to usb cable to attempt to unbrick it. I am basing my hypothesis on a thread I found "How to - Fix your 15-beep-bootloop Hikvision DS-76xxN-Ex NVR, or convert to EN and make it updatable" I am hoping for some insight and suggestions. Hopefully I ordered the correct cable and im on the right track to restore usage of my customers DVR.
Thank you for your time.

Cable ordered :

7608.png

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Mopar

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know, I ordered the JST ZH 4-pin. Ill update you as soon as I get it.