Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2/8P Aussie Firmware

Elias77

n3wb
Reaction score
I encountered an issue when I upgraded my DS-7608NI-I2/8P NVR to version V4.60.005_220927 from the Hikvision Australia site. Unfortunately, this upgrade ended up bricking my device. Although the NVR is an Australian version and previous versions on the website worked fine, Hikvision has removed all previous versions.

To make it function again, I used the TFTP update tool found on the web and installed the generic US version. (Note: The one labelled 'TFTP-Auto-Update' did not work, but the one called 'TFTP-Update' worked). Although I was able to access the NVR, the device would constantly reboot randomly and freeze or turn off when I tried using it.

I searched for the older Australian firmware versions but couldn't find them anywhere. However, I eventually located them on a customer portal page of a Hikvision supplier in Brisbane.
I downloaded the 4.22.000 Build 200110 version and copied it onto a USB drive. I was then able to reinstall this firmware through the NVR, and it worked perfectly!

Link to portal with firmware:
:thumb:

alnor125

n3wb
Reaction score
Good day bro

can you help my problem regarding for my DVR need to reset because i forgot my password heir the serial number: DS-7216HQHI-K11620170729CCWR807396727WCVU please help me i dont know how many time to reset i cant reset my dvr pls help thank you..

Elias77

n3wb
Reaction score
Good day bro

can you help my problem regarding for my DVR need to reset because i forgot my password heir the serial number: DS-7216HQHI-K11620170729CCWR807396727WCVU please help me i don't know how many time to reset i cant reset my dvr pls help thank you..
Hey bro, just email Hikvision in your region, they should be able to sort it out. I've had it done before, loads of threads here about it here too.

Last edited:

ghowse

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have the following Hikvision NVR purchased through a recognised Australian installer in 2019:
  • DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P
  • Firmware V4.1.64 build 190726
  • Encoding V5.0 build 190404
  • Web V4.0.52 build 190725
  • Plugin V3.0.6.43
The NVR was supplied with 5ea DS-2CD2355FWD-I cameras from new, and we just added a sixth camera (also a DS-2CD2355FWD-I).

I wish to upgrade the firmware to V4.60.005 build 230307. Please advise whether I can upgrade in one step, or if it is necessary to upgrade versions in sequence. If so, is there a reference to the sequence and a link to these versions for an Australian version NVR. I can upgrade locally using a USB drive or through a browser over the LAN, whichever is preferred. If there are any other steps to avoid bricking the NVR, I would like to prepare for this.

Thanks very much for any assistance.
Geoff

ghowse

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Please advise whether I can upgrade in one step, or if it is necessary to upgrade versions in sequence. If so, is there a reference to the sequence and a link to these versions for an Australian version NVR. I can upgrade locally using a USB drive or through a browser over the LAN, whichever is preferred. If there are any other steps to avoid bricking the NVR, I would like to prepare for this.

Thanks very much for any assistance.
Geoff
Sorry, I posted this in a camera thread. I have re-posted in the NVR forum.