Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2 No resource on playback problem

littlebandit

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
On playback on the DS-7608NI-I2 when the photo thumbnails appear under the main playback image, instead of the thumbnail photos I'm getting no resource on all of them.

This is playback on a single channel only.

NVR has 2 WD Purple 4Tb drives and the system has only 2 x 4MP Hiks connected so there should be no way I should be hitting resource problems.

Firmware is 3.4.6 and also tested 3.4.62

Anyone else experiencing same or similar issue with the I2 model ?

boomer53a

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

Not sure if this has been resolved however I too have the same issue. I have a Hikvision DS-7616NI-E2/8P NVR running firmware 3.4.80 Build 160718 however I have also tried versions 3.4.90, 3.4.91 and 3.4.92 with a recently installed Hikvision 4MP DS-2CD2345-I IP camera (in addition to 7 x 3MP DS-2CD2332 IP cams). All the 3MP cams display the thumbnails without issue during playback however the recently installed 4MP cam displays 'No Resource' when in association with the thumbnails functionality. No other issues appear to be presenting with the system and in particular with the 4MP camera. No issues with recording and playback other than the 'No Resource' message associated with the thumbnail function (Ref the pic detailing the Network Stats for the NVR).

I also noted that on firmware versions 3.4.90 and 3.4.91 the 'No Resource' message would display with the 3MP cams after approx. 2 weeks of 'uptime' with the NVR. A reboot of the NVR would correct the issue for another 2 weeks or so of uptime. I found that firmware version 3.4.80 was the 'most stable' of the more recent firmware versions for my system, certainly in relation to the thumbnail feature/function. I ran the NVR for over 6 weeks of continuous uptime and had no occurrences of the thumbnail 'No Resource' message (at least until installing the 4MP camera).

Do the 7600 Series NVR's have issues with the higher megapixel IP cameras (e.g. > 3MP???) in that there isn't sufficient CPU cycles, RAM etc. etc. or is the thumbnail feature/function somewhat buggy? I'm not particularly fussed about the thumbnails so-to-speak however I do prefer the later firmware versions (e.g. 3.4.80, 3.4.92 etc.) in relation to the playback options that provide radio buttons to select 30 mins, 1 hour, 2 hours etc. etc. for the playback footage time scale. This is purely anecdotal however the more recent firmware versions for my system 'appear' more responsive (faster) so-to-speak than the earlier versions (e.g. 3.3.4 and 3.4.0 etc. etc.). Anyway, just an observation.

Appreciate any feedback or the link (URL) to the post that covers the thumbnail no resource issue and or resolution. Thanks in advance...

Cheers!

Attachments

cutterman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Same issue with my 9632 and the 4MP cameras. Some of the cameras also not showing green line for motion detection. Multiple emails to Hikvision, most ignored.

Have tried all the recent camera firmware versions and latest NVR.

boomer53a

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

I also had the issue where my recently installed 4MP Hikvision cam DS-2CD2345-I would only display the 'Event' line (red indicator) on playback and not the 'Smart' line (green indicator) as I have my 4MP IP cam configured for Motion Detection. Ref the attached pic... To be honest I'm not sure what specifically I 'did' to resolve this? I downgraded the NVR DS-7616NI-E2/8P firmware version from 3.4.92 to 3.4.80 however this did not immediately resolve the issue. I performed a restart of both the NVR and 4MP cam. I only had the problem on Wednesday 6th April 2017 and was troubleshooting it on Wednesday evening. I recall that it suddenly started functioning... Weird...

Appears to be a common thread with Hikvision support... no response to queries/questions.

Attachments

boomer53a

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Same issue with my 9632 and the 4MP cameras. Some of the cameras also not showing green line for motion detection. Multiple emails to Hikvision, most ignored.

Have tried all the recent camera firmware versions and latest NVR.
Your DS-9632 4K NVR (from checking the specs on the Hikvision website) is a weapon in terms of specifications. Possibly the thumbnail issue is purely 'dodgy' firmware functionality? (admittedly a guess???).

cutterman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
purely 'dodgy' firmware functionality?
That's what I'm thinking. Mildly annoying but I can live with it. Hopefully once Hikvision resolves their security crisis they will address it.

fvhjof

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also have the same problem with DS7608NI-K2. Preview thumbnails appear as NO RESOURCE when trying to playback single camera and moving mouse pointer on timeline. When it happens the whole playback starts to freeze and lag untill I move mouse pointer to some other place.

JB15

n3wb
Reaction score
I had a "no resource" play back problem. I solved it by doing a system reboot and all is now good.

boomer53a

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

Further update to this thread....

I upgraded my DS-7616NI-E2/8P NVR to a DS-7616NI-I2/16P NVR running firmware version 3.4.96 Build 170921. The 'No Resource' thumbnail issue still occurs on my Hikvision IP cameras above 3MP of resolution (e.g. my 5MP DS-2CD2355FWD-1 and 8MP DS-2CD2385FWD-I cams). Interestingly when I installed firmware version 4.1.10 Build 171107 the thumbnail view appears for the higher resolution cameras (e.g. 5MP and 8MP)...mostly... I'm able to see a number of thumbnails and then the odd 1 or 2 thumbnails with the 'No Resource' message. Also the system performance doesn't appear to degrade as much when displaying the thumbnails for the higher resolution cams as it does on firmware version 3.4.96.

I reverted back from the firmware version 4.1.10 to 3.4.96 as the new version GUI has a massive on-screen control console on the right hand side of the PTZ screen (when in full screen mode) for my PTZ (DS-2DE7186-AE). Also, a status bar along the bottom of the screen when in full screen mode, displaying multiple cameras. Anyway, possibly a case of 'time to get use to the new interface' however hopefully Hikvision will clean up the new look-n-feel somewhat... (that PTZ control console is massive! Would be good if it could be minimised as I have a DS-1005KI keyboard hence I don't use the mouse as much when flinging the PTZ around so-to-speak).

So it appears that the thumbnail 'No Resource' message is related to firmware version as it sort-of-works on version 4.1.10 for the 76XXNI-I NVR. Would be interesting to see if someone with a 77NI-I or 96NI-I model installed firmware version 4.1.10 to confirm if the thumbnails were displayed for 4MP and higher IP cameras?

Cheers!

cutterman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a lot of different Hik cameras in my setup. The only ones that do thumbnail previews are <4MP. I'm still on 3.4.3 firmware and the higher versions didn't change this behavior (didn't update to 4.x.x yet). Probably a "feature" to reduce CPU load during playback, as it is with 32 cameras there is a bit of a delay starting playback

fvhjof

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
why there is no option to turn thumbnail preview off in settings menu !?

Reaction score
Has anyone managed to resolve this No Resource issue yet?
My DS7616 NI is on V4.1.70, Build 181114, I get no video when trying to playback recorded footage off one camera, just a No Resource message, struggle to save any video to external devices via the USB port and can occasionally get all 4 of my 4k cameras to display over the hdmi output.
Strange thing is it has all worked in 5he past, unsure just what's different now.
Any solutions yet?