Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2/8P and SWNHD-806Cam

sarlac

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking for help with setting up third party cameras with Hikvision NVR and I wonder if someone would be able to help.
I have got 8x SWNHD-806CAM which were previously connected to Swann NVR.
The NVR stop working so I bought the Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2/8P as it supports the third-party cameras.
I spent lots of hours now to get this system up and running and I need some advice if possible.
I know the Hikvision NVR got internal NIC IPv4 for POE set by default on 192.168.254.1 and according to previous topics I found on this forum I should change the cameras IPs to work on the same subnet segment .254.
Let’s narrow this to just one camera for now.
I am unable to change the camera IP address set to 192.168.0.17 by default.
I have tried a multiple application like SADP, ONVIF, Swanneye Search Tool but only ONVIF can connect with the camera but none of the settings can be change.
When camera is plugged directly to my router, I can see the picture from NVR on ONVIF protocol but when is plugged into POE port I get network unreachable error.
Is it possible to set the NVR to communicate with this camera without changing the camera IP address?
I have change the POE NIC IPv4 to 192.168.0.2 so it’s on the same segment as camera but still nothing.

Any help will be much appreciated.
Thank you!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I am unable to change the camera IP address set to 192.168.0.17 by default.
Are you sure that's not a DHCP-assigned address? Where you'd need to change to Static from DHCP in order to change the address?

Is it possible to set the NVR to communicate with this camera without changing the camera IP address?
I have change the POE NIC IPv4 to 192.168.0.2 so it’s on the same segment as camera but still nothing.
If 192.168.0.17 was the fixed address of the camera, I'd have expected this to work.
Unless the camera has it's address set by DHCP in which case that 'default' address no longer applies when on the NVR PoE port.

I'd take a closer look at why you can't change the camera IP address.
That does seem unusual.
When you query the camera with ONVIF Device Manager, does it show if DHCP is active, or does it allow you to change the IP addrress?

sarlac

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for your replay.
Looks like the SWNHD-806cam are very limited with configuration, you can't even access them thru the Web using the IP address.
Answering to you question, the ONVIF Device Manager is showing the DHCP as off, I can go to IP field and change to 192.168.254.2 but when I press save nothing is happen.
I just manage to get little step forward here:
I have disbaled the DHCP in NVR and I have change the Default Gateway to 192.168.1.1 and set the POE NIC IPv4 to 192.168.0.1 after that I add the camera manualy using the ONVIF protocol on port 8000 and camera start showing the picture but for some reason is very very laggy.
Unfortunately with above settings I wont be able to connect the NVR to my network as Default Gateway have to be 192.168.0.1 .
Not sure what may be the cause of such lag input?

sarlac

n3wb
Reaction score
Unfortunately after NVR been restarted I'm getting Network Unreachable error again. Very frustrating :(

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like the SWNHD-806cam are very limited with configuration, you can't even access them thru the Web using the IP address.
My limited experience with Swann products (not the Hikvision re-brands they sell) suggests they embrace proprietaty solutions and try to lock the customer in to them.
No web access would be such an example, forcing the use of programs such as SwannView and SwannLink etc.
On the Swann NVR I last looked at, the default HTTP port was 85, which could certainly give the impression there was no web access if you didn't know about it.

Not sure what may be the cause of such lag input?
A couple of seconds of lag isn't unusual when viewing a camera through an NVR.

sarlac

n3wb
Reaction score
I am afraid the lag input is more then two seconds I will say it's 20-30 seconds. I lost the picture anyway after NVR been restarted.
I have connected the camera back to my router to check the ONVIF again. When I log in to the camera I can't access any settings, when I am not logged I can access settings/information but can't change anyting it would not save.

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, so that's the 'Onvif' port as opposed to the normal web GUI port, required for onvif compatibility.
It does look like there is no web GUI.

sarlac

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes this is correct no web GUI.
Don't understand why the IP cannot be change from any of the software? Swann have made a bad job here.