Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P continuous and motion recording not working together

Björn0815

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi everybody

I recently bought an NVR (DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P) and a camera (DS-2CD2142FWD-IS) and I'm facing the same problem like in the following thread:

Hikvision DS-7716NI-I4 NVR - continuous AND motion recording

It is not possible to record continuous with motion together unfortunately. Before buying the NVR I used my old QNAP with QVR installed as recorder that supported both features at the same time without a problem, but the CPU of the QNAP is not sufficient to guarantee a smooth recording without reducing video quality.

Unfortunately I saw to late that the last firmware for the DS-7608NI-K2 is V3.4.101 build 180904

Now my main question: If I would replace my DS-7608NI-K2/8P with an DS-7608NI-I2/8P that supports the version 4 of NVR, does anyone knows if with this version I can use both features at the same time ?

Many thanks in advance

Björn0815

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Apart from my main problem I'm missing different features in the NVR in opposite of the web interface of the camera DS-2CD2142FWD-IS
for example there is no expert mode for motion configuration in the NVR and concerning the e-mail settings, there is no E-mail Encryption (TLS) possibility like in the camera itself that make it impossible to work in combination with my mail provider.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It is not possible to record continuous with motion together unfortunately.
I'm not sure exactly what you mean.
It is possible to have continuous recording with motion markings showing on the timeline, if that's what you are looking for.
The playback needs to be in single camera view, with the motion 'swizzler' (bottom left of the page) selected.

Here is an example from a DS-7616NI-K2
motion_k2.jpg

concerning the e-mail settings, there is no E-mail Encryption (TLS) possibility like in the camera itself that make it impossible to work in combination with my mail provider.
That works OK, with gmail, which is usually quite fussy about security.
What email provider are you having problems with?

Reaction score
hellow. i have hik vision dvr serial no. is 512747921 but client forget its admin password. how can i resert it

Björn0815

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly what you mean.
It is possible to have continuous recording with motion markings showing on the timeline, if that's what you are looking for.
The playback needs to be in single camera view, with the motion 'swizzler' (bottom left of the page) selected.
This was exactly what I'm searching for, thank you very much. I didn't notice that this little button has more different purposes ;-)

It would be nice to have a possibility to jump directly from one motion marking to the next instead of shift the timeline.

That works OK, with gmail, which is usually quite fussy about security.
What email provider are you having problems with?
I'm usually using a yahoo.de address which working fine, with TLS an "app password" because of two step verification that I use for Web-mail.

I have also a gmail address but here i'm using also two step verification, so maybe it will work if i generate an app password for the NVR. I will try this soon

there is no expert mode for motion configuration in the NVR
Do you can confirm this issue from your side too ?

Thanks again for your help.

best regards

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It would be nice to have a possibility to jump directly from one motion marking to the next instead of shift the timeline.
I agree.
To have this facility I use 2 NVRs. One for motion detection, and one for continuous.

I have also a gmail address but here i'm using also two step verification, so maybe it will work if i generate an app password for the NVR. I will try this soon
I have not tried this myself, but I believe it works OK with the app password.

Do you can confirm this issue from your side too ?
Yes, when the NVR is operating for convenience as a 'proxy' for camera settings, it provides a subset of the total available to pass through to the camera.
To gain full access, the 'Virtual Host' facility works pretty well.

Björn0815

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, when the NVR is operating for convenience as a 'proxy' for camera settings, it provides a subset of the total available to pass through to the camera.
To gain full access, the 'Virtual Host' facility works pretty well.
I disabled now the motion detection on the NVR and on the camera I was enabling the expert mode and it seems that the NVR don't overwrite this setting on the camera.

Concerning the mail settings I use now a third mail where I'm not using 2 step verification.

I agree.
To have this facility I use 2 NVRs. One for motion detection, and one for continuous.
For my purposes, 2 NVRs would be to much ;-) but it seems that there is neither in Hik-Connect nor in iVMS-4500 (for android) a similar button for showing the motion markings like in the web interface of the NVR ?