Hikvision DS-7616NI-E2/8P LAN Port Problem

Sprink2355

n3wb
Reaction score
I acquired a DS-7616NI-E2/8P NVR and am having a problem with the main LAN port. When I initially turned on the unit it was locked with an unknown password. I connected the NVR to my LAN, but it was not discovered by the SADP tool. I connected it directly to my PC and monitored with Wireshark, but I did not see anything being broadcasted. I then tried connecting it to my LAN via one of the POE ports and noticed it was discovered by the SADP tool with an IP address of 192.1.0.64. I tried to send commands with the SADP tool, but it always timed out. I then connected it directly to my PC and monitored with Wireshark. I eventually found a packet being broadcast that contained the system date, so I was able to use the secure code generator to reset the password.

Unfortunately, I still can’t get the NVR connected to my LAN. The TX/RX LED light on the front of the unit flashes at times and the Network Traffic screen shows Linking Status Succeeded and small amounts of send and receive information. I tried resetting the NVR to default settings and upgrading the firmware from V3.4.3 build160822 to V3.4.5 build170224. I have not upgraded to V3.4.92 build170517 yet. I have also tried setting the network connection to DHCP and manually entering IPv4 information. Nothing has worked.

Has anyone had a problem like this? I actually don’t need any of the POE ports on the internal NIC. Is there a way to use one of the POE ports as the primary LAN port for the NVR? I'm not able to access to the NVR when I set my PC Ethernet adapter to 192.1.0.X IP address and connect it directly to the POE port.

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
the Network Traffic screen shows Linking Status Succeeded and small amounts of send and receive information. I tried resetting the NVR to default settings and upgrading the firmware from V3.4.3 build160822 to V3.4.5 build170224. I have not upgraded to V3.4.92 build170517 yet. I have also tried setting the network connection to DHCP and manually entering IPv4 information. Nothing has worked.
Presumably this has all been done via the VGA/HDMI interface?
So on the face of it, you have full access to the NVR.

I tried resetting the NVR to default settings
OK, so when you run SADP and connect the PC to an NVR PoE port, what IP address is shown for the NVR?

When both the NVR ethernet interface and the PC are connected to your router/switch, what does SADP show for the IP address?
What is the PC IP address in this arrangement?

Sprink2355

n3wb
Reaction score
Presumably this has all been done via the VGA/HDMI interface?
So on the face of it, you have full access to the NVR.
That is correct.

OK, so when you run SADP and connect the PC to an NVR PoE port, what IP address is shown for the NVR?

When both the NVR ethernet interface and the PC are connected to your router/switch, what does SADP show for the IP address?
What is the PC IP address in this arrangement?
SADP showed an IP address for the NVR of 192.1.0.64 when I connected it to my LAN via one of the POE ports. After my original post, I monitored my router and noticed that an IP address of 192.168.254.1 kept appearing, which was the internal NIC IPv4 address. I changed my PC Ethernet adapter IP address to 192.168.254.10 and was able to navigate to the NVR via http. I then accessed the network settings on the NVR via VGA/HDMI and changed the internal NIC IP address to what I want my NVR to be, 10.0.0.10, and am now able to connect to the NVR on my LAN. I was also able to add an IP camera on my LAN.

I suppose the only disadvantage to this solution is the main LAN port is 10/100/1000 Mbps and the POE ports are 100 Mbps. Since I will be connecting 8-9 4MP IP cameras via my LAN, those combined with normal network traffic for the NVR may lead to some performance constraints due to using a 100 Mpbs port.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
SADP showed an IP address for the NVR of 192.1.0.64 when I connected it to my LAN via one of the POE ports.
So the address was customised away from the default values. This can be problematic if there is any overlap with an active network segment.

After my original post, I monitored my router and noticed that an IP address of 192.168.254.1 kept appearing, which was the internal NIC IPv4 address.
That's good, because it shows that the 'reset to defaults' was effective.

I then accessed the network settings on the NVR via VGA/HDMI and changed the internal NIC IP address to what I want my NVR to be, 10.0.0.10, and am now able to connect to the NVR on my LAN. I was also able to add an IP camera on my LAN.
Sure - but before that, assuming the NVR LAN port was connected to your router/switch - what did SADP show for the address? And did you see a 'link detect' light on the router/switch connection?

I suppose the only disadvantage to this solution is the main LAN port is 10/100/1000 Mbps and the POE ports are 100 Mbps. Since I will be connecting 8-9 4MP IP cameras via my LAN, those combined with normal network traffic for the NVR may lead to some performance constraints due to using a 100 Mpbs port.
This will work - but as you've noted, there could be performance issues due to the cumulative traffic from the cameras and web GUI / Live View.

Sprink2355

n3wb
Reaction score
So the address was customised away from the default values. This can be problematic if there is any overlap with an active network segment.
I believe it should display as 192.0.0.64 with the default settings. I did not change any of the default settings at first. When I connected the NVR to my LAN via the POE port it has always displayed in SADP as 192.1.0.64, even after I changed the internal NIC to 10.0.0.10 and with the main LAN port being set to a different IP.

Sure - but before that, assuming the NVR LAN port was connected to your router/switch - what did SADP show for the address? And did you see a 'link detect' light on the router/switch connection?
When I connected the NVR to my LAN via the main LAN port it never showed up in SADP or in a list of attached devices on my LAN. As I said, the Tx/Rx LED on the NVR blinked and the NVR showed activity on the network traffic screen. Also, the LEDs on the various switches and my router that I tried lit up when it was connected.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe it should display as 192.0.0.64 with the default settings.
No, the default IP address range for the NVR PoE ports is 192.168.254.x It's the cameras with older firmware that default to 192.0.0.64

When I connected the NVR to my LAN via the main LAN port it never showed up in SADP or in a list of attached devices on my LAN.
With apologies for the dumb question - when using SADP to check for the LAN port status when the NVR was connected to the router - the PC was also connected to the router?

On the Hikvision NVRs, if the 'internal NIC' (the PoE interface) IP address is changed from the default such that it is in the same network segment address range as the LAN interface, the NVR will stop responding on one of the interfaces due to the routing conflict.

Norooz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi I have the same problem same model, did anyone manage to find a fix? I too can access via a Poe port but the normal lan port has activity just can’t see it.

Norooz

n3wb
Reaction score
LAN I can give static, 192.168.0.55 as an example or even DHCP doesn’t pick up there is Nic activity in front and on the main board, the Poe I set to 192.168.254.1 and does to 8. Same problem as the original post,I can connect to nvr via Poe port only.

Norooz

n3wb
Reaction score
Does the DS-7616NI-sP have a version for or newer firmware update or is v3.4.4 build 170526 the last one?